1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning sensations.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Nychthemeron, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (My anatomy is quite poor, so you'll have to excuse my uneducated descriptions. Sorry.)

Lately, I've been feeling a burning feeling in my gut - or at least I think it's my gut. You know the area above your navel? Yeah, that's the place.

It doesn't last for very long. In fact, it's quite brief, but for a while ago, there's a strange feeling in the same place, like it's going to burn again. But it doesn't.

The feeling is odd, to say the least. I feel as if it's an emotional pain, not a dysfunction in my body. As for what triggers it, I've been feeling it quite often when I visit support sites like EC.

That sounds strange, I know. But that's what happens.

And, it doesn't actually hurt. I'm not sure how to explain it. It seems to make me feel 'emotionally ill,' but it's not quite sadness. Sometimes, this discomfort from after the burning travels up to my chest area.

Has anyone else felt this way? Is there something physically wrong with my body, or is it just emotions? Why is it happening?

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It could be a gastric issue.. And these are sometimes connected to stress and emotional issues ..

But all ECers will tell you that if you need real advice take yourself to your doctor as nobody here can really comment

3. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh, gosh, you're right. But I figured I'd ask any way, in case it was just an emotional issue.

I just have no idea how to pinpoint it, and since it's not hurting me and I'm underage, I can't exactly just walk up to my parents and ask for them to take me to the doctor.

4. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I think you can ask parents - whatever their reaction - you deserve to have things checked out and they need not know what is discussed privately with the doctor. Good luck