1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just need to vent

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by kyfry, Jul 19, 2014.

1. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really just need to vent right now.

Earlier this evening I got into a heated argument with my brother. He told me that I needed to clean up some garbage that was under a couch so he and his friends could come over. The garbage was not mine, and I wasnt going to be hanging out with his friends so why should I do that for him? I told him that I wasnt going to do that. He wouldnt give up on this so finally I told him to go the :***: away and to Leave me alone. After telling him that 3 times he then pushed over my computer screan (luckily it did not break) and yelled at me "Do you want me to put you back in that hospital?!" (He knows Im very mentally unstable right now) and he stormed out slamming my door. I immediatly got up and threw a cup of water at him hitting his back. He yelled at me "Your dead!" and came charging at my door trying to get in. At this time our parents walked into the house just getting home to see this commotion. He tried to bust my door down but I kept pushing against it holding it shut. He finally went away slammed his door and left the house to go get some drinks and snacks for his friends. With him gone I knew I had a brief time to exit the house safely. I drove and parked in a parking lot. I imediatly took an ativan to help calm me down. My anxiety was through the roof, my knees were trembling and sat there literally fearing for my life. I took the ativan but contemplated on how many to take. I only took one. but I contemplated on taking the rest of the bottle. (there were 8 remaining.) After sitting for a while my mom calls to check on me. I told her I wasnt sure when I was going to come home but I was ok. She then told me when you do come home to stop at a gas station and get my dad a bag of chips. I hung up on her. REALLY? Weve got more important issues going on right now than to bring my dad some chips. Just got home about 15 minutes ago and I am avoiding my brother at all costs for the next few days. When I got home my dad asks me did get the chips? I walked away from him saying somethings are more important than to get you chips.

This isnt the first time I feared for my life from my brother. Another time he punched me in the face causing my glasses to break and cut my face. That night I stayed at a hotel 55 miles from home. I returned the next morning but again I avoided seeing my brother for two weeks.

I really dont feel safe being in a place with my brother. I cant afford to live anywhere else. I also dont have many friends that I could go to. Im just lost. Next time he lays a finger on me I will have him arrested. Enough is Enough.

END RANT

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I'm glad that you wrote all of it out, and hopefully you were also able to take a deep breath after it, and are feeling a bit better. If you ever wanted to have some suggestions or just want to bounce off some ideas on how you could deal with the situation feel free to let us know. (*hug*)

3. Hyaline

The trick with dealing with people like your brother is to not let them excite you. You have to work on dealing with your own anxiety. Odds are he knows he can push your buttons. So the trick is to not let him get you to that place.

In your example, what would be less stressful? Picking up the trash or going through what you did? Perhaps learning to choose your battles is something you need to add to your arsenal.

I know it is easier said than done to do that. And odds are your response to my "well just pick up the trash" will be something like "you don't know what it is like to live with him". Trust me, we've all had to deal with bullies at some point. If he is that person, than build yourself some smarter tools to deal with it rather than getting so worked up over it.