1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pointing out flaws?..

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MyLittleWorld, Jul 22, 2014.

1. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know if it's fair to say 'flaws' , but I guess it will work.

So I was hanging out with a friend of mine, and I notice he just looks for flaws in me. I feel it somehow. I have my veins showing on my hands, they are not big, it was a hot day and it was very visibale.. and that day he goes like 'why is it like that for you?' I felt uncomfortabel. Well maybe I'm a human being and I have veins, and I have blood in my veins because I'm a human...? other day he sees that there is a red spot on my skin (face). It was'nt big, but he goes like "why is this on your face?" . He does this all the fu*king time. It's just a few little examples. I hate that everytime we hang out he just searches something to say about me, looks up and down. I'm so tired of this. I might be overreacting.

The point is, why some people like to ask questions like that...? I mean, how can I even answer them without sounding stupid... I see my flaws, why you need to point them out.

#1 MyLittleWorld, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  2. Ashanti

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi,

I get the same from guys that i have a "Long face" which is not to attractive in their eyes...
    They all seem to want pumped up muscle studs, hot model looking, drop dead gorgeous with big bedroom eyes.....

Your friend pointing out veins in your hands etc.. that's really weird....
    Does your friend have a fetish for hands or something....
    I would say to your friend instead of pointing out flaws, how about pointing out only your good points and also tell your friend that if he/she has nothing nice to say about you then don't say nothing at all or they are really not a "Good" friend...
    Having veins showing in your hands is not a flaw it shows your in good health with "good healthy veins" and good blood flow:slight_smile:

Friends make friends feel good about themselves and bring each other up and make each other happy...
    Tell your friend to not be so physical as it's what is on the inside that counts..
    You could have a beautiful looking partner than everyone wants and says your so lucky to have ...but he/she could be an ugly arsehole on the inside which is in most cases true because they love themselves and end up being up themselves when they look at others who are not as attractive as them.

Your red spot is a beauty spot:slight_smile:

#2 Ashanti, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  3. Budweiser

He sounds very insecure. If you want to keep hanging out with this "friend" I would say that next time he points out a flaw just say "why are you worried about it? Are you insecure about something? You know you can always talk to me." I'd be interested to hear the reaction lol.

4. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, actually, I asked him that. He had controlling mom and she told him that 'person have to be prefect' ... she was pushing him to get good marks without no motivation. She was controlling him and he says he doesn't know how to think on his own now... I really wish I could help but I don't know what to say really... he is now looking for a girlfriend and these girls just uses him for money, etc. She wants relationship because it makes him feel 'secure' , he said being alone makes him crazy; he doesn't know how to be single. I asked him if he knows his worth and he said 'no' .

And I can see he is a little bit selfish, because he wants to be with someone, and he will be with anybody, just not alone; that means this girl will be anybody, he will not be with her because he wants HER, you know what I mean? I said he isn't alone.. but he still says he needs to be with someone. It seems like he needs another 'mom' that would tell him what to do, because as he said, he needs to be told what to do... It's actually sad and scary to hear from him. Maybe there is some kind of way to help him? Sorry that I expanded it so much, but when I red your respond, these words came to mind..

5. BreezyB

I actually had a problem with my mom pointing out all my flaws. I could go like four days without seeing her and the first thing shed do when she saw me was insult me. Finally about 3 months ago i just stood up to her. Ever since then I've felt alto better.

6. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I understand. My mom was like that too. But he said he doesn't want to argue with her; he better will do what she wants him to do.

7. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say the reason he is pointing out flaws in you is to make himself feel better. I've had similar things happen to me as well. I'm really white and I hate it and there's several people who point it out and it just angers me, kind of like you said I know you don't have to point it out there's nothing I can do to change it. Usually those are the type of people I stop hanging out with.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I agree with everyone he's making him self feel good by making you feel bad and that's not a true friend .

9. Sabot Kitty

My dad does this all of the time, to everyone. I think it's an underhanded way of establishing control by putting those around you down. I wouldn't want to spend too much time with someone like that, honestly.