1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clingy friend

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by stocking, Jul 22, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I gave one of my female friends my cell number , at work and she knows I work later than her and she send over 5 texts before I was able to finish work yesterday , today she won't stop texting it's like she never gives you the time to text back and I told her that I was going to be busy in the morning and she just texted and texted then left sad messages on my phone with I miss you call me , I usually don't like calling to much on the phone when my parents are around because they listen too much to what I'm saying back to people on the phone . We've known each other for a year now , but I never knew she was that clingy . I never even knew I'm bothered by people being clingy maybe I'm just being mean .

2. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have one friend like that. If I don't text back within 5-10 minutes she sends me another text. The reason my friend does it is because she likes me and wants to be more than friends. This could be a possibility for you as well. I mean if she's texting you that much she's definetly interested in at least having a conversation with you.

3. returningflame

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have had overly clingy people text me like literally 200 texts a day. I just don't answer. it may take a week but they stop. Any other response and you run the risk of hurting them, which can be just as disastrous

4. Really

reply to each of them:

Text undeliverable. 00-FF-3C-55-BE-37. ConnTel.

Substitute your service provider's name for ConnTel.

Then you can "legitimately" ignore her texts.

5. If it's bothering you that she's texting you all the time, just explain to her that you can't always be texting or talking and she needs to respect your space and time. You'll get back to her when you're available to. Set up your boundaries with her otherwise this probably won't stop.

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Another thing she has been doing that recently is I will text her , she will ask if she can call , and I would not want her to call because I don't want her to here my mom yelling and sometimes they say embarrassing and hurtful stuff to me and I don't want her to here it . And she will ask me if I want her to call and I will say no then she will send back a text saying I'm going to call you . >.< I don't know what to do

7. daniel27

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe explain why you don't want her to call? I used to hate people calling for the same reason when I was with my parents and sometimes just saying no can seem offensive or without being able to use tone could even come across as playful. She may just think you want her to call but don't want to say it. If she understands the reason then she may be more likely not too.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i think she might be angry with me today but i'm not sure , but I don't want anyone to know I'm abused it's embarrassing :icon_sad: