1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lonely It Hurts-Tips

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by BlueCover905, Jul 23, 2014.

1. BlueCover905

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ight. I hate doing this first post outside my intro making it sad or whatever. Anyways lately I have gone into a rut of extreme sadness and loneliness. I've tried all the basic things like hanging out with friends, got a dog, talked to family. But the second I'm alone again I want to crawl into a ball.

So I'm just wondering what do you guys do when you get like this?

Note: At first I thought it was just a phased but I'm a really cheery guy most of the time but I haven't been this low before in my life.

#1 BlueCover905, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Have you considered that it may be depression and that you could do with talking to someone about it? Or just talking to a friend about what you are feeling?

3. BlueCover905

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh god no. I really don't know how to convey my feelings in any way. I can just name them really.

4. Mino

That sounds like you should talk to someone, a very close friend at least. I can only tell you that even if no-body else is in a room with you, that doesn't mean you are lonely. People are friends with you, even if you don't talk to them daily. And that rule applies to most people. The moment you feel lonely you should try to think these thoughts and other than that, try to occupy your mind and hands with something, e.g. drawing, writing, reading, cooking,...etc.
    If this feelings persist for some weeks, maybe it's a depression. Always remember, that those feelings will pass one day and you'll be able to feel better again, even if you don't believe it just yet.

5. PrettyConfused

You could try to find out your hobbies and interests and delve into them when you're alone. Alone time can be good if you can appreciate it. There could be a large variety of activities you could do alone like improving your cooking or by watching tv shows or playing a musical instrument etc. Hope you feel better soon! :slight_smile:

6. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    When I'm lonely and alone most of the time I just think let the feelings flow through me and sometimes I watch movies, listen to music I love, read books basically anything just to entertain myself. I also remind myself that loneliness is part of your life it is really up to you how to perceive it as for me I find my real self in solitude. It is where I can be myself completely have an inner connection with everything in me and my emotions. It is where I find peace as well.

7. kidgoggles

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I just realized yesterday that when i'm going through periods of distress/emotional pain, I get into a "final fantasy funk". basically i pick a final fantasy game and play it for HOURS on end, and get lost in the story to take my mind off things.

8. black-cat

I know how you feel, I do that too. Just curl up and don't do anything or really even think for hours on end, but the vast majority of the time I am cheery too. I call it my little hibernation : P

Going to a therapist may be an option, or in the meantime just try and battle on and try to do things that you enjoy or distract you- like KidGoggles said. I either study or watch a funny movie, even if I don't respond to anything or remember much it is better than eyeballing my ceiling all night!