1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Can't Seem To Forget?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ZenMusic, Jul 24, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

Even after.5 months and writing a letter (which my Mum immediately threw back in my face), I still can't forgive her for making me suicidal for a month. If it wasn't for my Music I'd be dead now. There are times where I don't even want to speak to her. I don't trust her with anything, and I certainly won't be telling her anything about my personal life. Should I still feel this way?

2. Yosia

I dont blame you for feeling that way, i hate my dad and have done for much longer than 5 months although i dont live with him so i guess its easier for me.

People who make you feel suicidal are horrible no matter if theyre family or not. Personally i think someone who drives someone to suicide is just as bad as a murderer.

3. ZenMusic

She told my Dad I'm gsy, and my dad is Nigerian, so he was going to react badly. While she would have been accused of disloyalty if she didn't tell him,she did not ask me, and seems to think I'm being defiant by telling her she should have asked. I do not trust her with anything now, but I want to let go someday...

4. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really sorry that you have had to go through all of that.

Sometimes it's easier to forgive than it is to forget. If someone or something drove you to the point of despair, it's not going to be easy to forget that, but now that it's done you may be able to find it in your heart to forgive. What do you think?

A great many people believe that moving on and letting go begins with forgiveness, so do you think you will be able to forgive your Mum?

Clearly, you have learned a painful lesson about confiding in her, but at the same time don't go bottling things up - that's really not a good idea. There are always people to talk to and places to go for confidential help, support and encouragement, including this forum.

5. ZenMusic

I wrote her a letter telling her I forgive her, not because she needs it, but because I have to let go. I suppose I cared a little what she said, she laughed in my face spitefully when she got the letter, and said I was the one causing all the stress. I've given up, because it seems she thinks she is so high and mighty that she doesn't need to ask her own kids for certain things. I'm not aloud to talk to my brother because my Dad all of my Facebook messages and one of them was my brother telling him to cut him off when he's old enough.

6. PrettyConfused

Unless she changes, I don't think it'll be easy to either forgive or forget. Just try to hang in there until you move out. Please don't think of committing suicide ever.

7. ZenMusic

It's not even the fact that she cares that I'm gay, it's what she did with that information, knowing the consequences of dissimilating it, and she thinks she was right to do so because my Dad was getting "concerned."