1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling very upset...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Nightdream, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know that's a place created for LGBT people in general to talk about issues usually related with this, but I'd like to have some sort of advice, help. I'm not desperate since I've been struggling with this for months and I don't expect my problem to vanish because of this thread, that's just something I needed to pull of my chest at least.

I must've created many unnecesary threads about this before, but not in this section, so I don't really know what to expect here. Well... I'm not sure what made this happen to me, I just know that it probably began like five or six months ago, that's if it wasn't these way before that though not so intense as before.
    I just can't stop feeling as if I were inferior to men somehow, it's something that comes to my mind very often to the point in which even I consider abnormal. It affects me in the way I act, think and even my mood.
    Since my childhood I have the bad habit of daydreaming, when I end up by having these thoughts I just go to my "dream world" or keep on thinking about it all day.

I have no idea about what to do with this problem and my way to cope with it(daydreaming or sleeping) can't be used as often as before... :icon_sad:

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    have you tried talking to someone about it, a friend, a family member?

3. Hyaline

Could be a cultural thing. And for that I probably can't really comment without sounding like a "man"..

You might try doing something empowering. Something that gives you back that bit of confidence in yourself. Could be something like finishing a big project or accomplishing a big task. It will help your self confidence and maybe put yourself in a better light inwardly. This sounds like a problem that you need to work from within. Find the source of your doubt and work around it, or resolve it.

And you are in no way inferior to men, and vice versa. People are individuals and your sex has nothing to do with you being better or worse than anyone else....

(HUGS)

4. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just a friend... I still don't have enought courage to talk about it to my family, but I plan on doing that soon... I'm afraid of their reactions.

---------- Post added 24th Jul 2014 at 08:04 PM ----------

Thanks... Yeah, maybe I should try to do that while I look for the solution of this problem. I know I shouldn't think about men and womem like that, my subconcious seems to not be aware of that though.

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, a worldwide cultural thing. I was thinking about it in the car on the way home today. Women have come a long way in terms of getting respect and equality, but they are still treated differently and gender traits are still quite uneven in terms of desirability.

Without going into an itemized diatribe, OP, you are not inferior. It is that subconscious notion that men are inherently more capable and respectable that is still very alive, and you have involuntarily been a part of it.

Men aren't any better by some overarching standard. We're just different, meaning better at some things and worse at others.