1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel guilty about being gay

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by gaynerd64, Jul 24, 2014.

1. gaynerd64

Partly because of religion and partly because of my family. I feel as though being gay is the wrong choice... but do I have a choice? I can't help it!

2. whereamigoing

Its not a choice and you have nothing to feel guilty about. if you feel that you are attracted to the same sex that's your life no one has the right to tell you that's wrong. I'm a devout catholic but I'm still gay. you have no reason to feel guilty about who you are. if your religion and family don't accept it forget them. its not like you can change who you are. its simply not possible and that's all there is to it.

3. Vampire

A common misconception of mainstream religion followers is that religions forbid being gay. I don't know that much about religion (me, being atheist) but what I know is that nowhere in the Bible is it stated that being gay is wrong. The only thing that straight people use is the phrase "And God made women for the men" (or something similar, sorry for the poor translation, foreigner here :grin:). You're a beautiful person and don't let anyone else tell you different.

Regarding your family, what you can do is either let time fix things, or try explaining to them how important it is to you to have their support.

Lots of love,
    Andy

4. butHitlerisDead

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If anyone references Leviticus 18:22 for the Bible being against homosexuality, then just point out to them all the other crazy things Leviticus says are sins like eating shellfish or getting a haircut. And the Sodom and Gomorrah sin was probably more to do with abusing and being inhospitable to foreigners than attempted male on male gang rape (which as you find out is perfectly acceptable several verses later as long as its male on female gang rape). Ugh. Sorry...I'm just not too fond of the Bible...

Also, not to be rude, but by this point I'm sure you know you don't have a choice in your sexuality. Otherwise, why would anyone choose to be gay when there are so many homophobic people out there? However, you can't let people like that tear you down about who you are (even if they're close family and friends). There are plenty of churches out there who are more liberal and are very accepting of the LGBT community, some even sanctioning same sex marriage.

For every homophobic person out there who tells you you're going hell or are a sodomite or abomination or whatever there's another person out there who's going to love you for you. There's good people out there. You just have to find them.

Also, love your signature. Big Zelda fan here :slight_smile:

#4 butHitlerisDead, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  5. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think you should be ashamed just because of your religion, in my opinion the bible was written by a bunch of nut jobs despite the fact I've been raised as a Christian. I feel that if your kind and helpful your doing Gods will (if he exists).

Being ashamed because of family however is something I feel, I'm still in the closet but I'm terrified at my dad's reaction when I tell him his only son is gay and that I will likely never have a wife. But as you said we don't have a choice.

6. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Any 'god' who would create someone as gay, and then punish that person for it, is not worthy of our worship. So I must point out, that if there is a god, he / she would not condemn you in any way for your sexuality, especially considering that you were 'born that way' :slight_smile:

7. Sam.i.am1130

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you stopped pleasure, you would be the only one left LOL. Sometimes its better to just stop caring.. We dont need to justify everything.