1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In those good moments...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TheStormInside, Jul 25, 2014.

1. TheStormInside

What do you tell yourself?

I'm having a fairly positive (moment) at least. Times like this, some of the things I tell myself are:

-I'm gay, what's wrong with that?
    -I don't hate or judge C, or S, or W for being gay, why should I hate myself for it?
    -This realization is a good thing, it means I *can* have a happy, fulfilling relationship. It'll just be with a woman, not a man.
    -Ladies are sexy :lol:, finally I can allow myself to appreciate that.
    -Who the f* cares what anyone else thinks? This is my life I am living and not anyone else's.
    -Gay rights have come a long way in recent years and continue to advance forward.
    -Loving another woman doesn't harm anyone. It might "offend" some, but truthfully when is love anything but a positive thing?

So... a thread for positive affirmations and thoughts. We're all going through a lot on this forum, and I've certainly made my fair share of negative posts (and I'm sure I'll continue to do so). But I wanted to share a more positive moment, as well, and hope others will do the same.

2. hoodie boy

It's great to hear that you're having a positive moment.

When I feel this way, I tell myself:

- I'm not alone (at least half of the population feels the same way about men)
    - I'm a quirky, fun, and unique individual
    - Sooner or later I'll find someone who likes me as much as I like them
    - I have friends and family who love me regardless of my orientation

3. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I loved reading that...that's awesome. Power to you :thumbsup:

I like this. It's good to move away from trying to find a societal, or even a scientific 'justification' for 'why is it ok to feel the way I do', and instead to just rely on one's own conscience, what one knows deep down to be right, or wrong - and as you say, what harm, if any, is done by two consenting adults of the same gender having sexual intimacy? Answer: none, zero, zilch. No harm. Therefore: it's ok to romantically and sexually love someone of the same gender. Basically, we can go for it :eusa_danc

Thank you for sharing this positive moment, but also the others as well, Storm. It's all part of the journey. Regarding what seems to increasingly be a shared journey we are all undergoing here on ec, I am reminded of a song by Metallica, Nothing Else Matters, the verses (minus repeats etc) here:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbREpm19muI
    [/YOUTUBE]

:slight_smile:

#3 Damien, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  4. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The main thing I think of is I don't do drugs, smoke, or drink so if the worst thing about me is I'm gay, I would say I turned out pretty great.

5. Jan92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, everyone!

When I'm in a happy mood, I always tell myself things like:

-I'm proud of accepting who I am.
    -It's not too late to being a better me.
    -Someday I'll find the right person. I just need to be patient.

6. TheStormInside

Thanks for sharing your positive thoughts, everyone :slight_smile: . I'm slipping in and out of depressive states still, but it helps to come and read some of these, as well as reread my own affirmations to myself. I hope others feel the same. And Damien, thank you for the lyrics, I do like that song and I never thought of it in that way.

Keep the positive thoughts coming!