1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Art of Seduction

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by redghost, Jul 27, 2014.

1. redghost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    … or not really. I thought this topic might go in relationships, but since it's about the steps before being in a relationship, I put it here.

So: flirting. What's the deal on flirting? How can you tell if someone's flirting with you? So far, I've only known of two instances where I knew a guy was flirting with me, and then, it was only in hindsight (i.e. "Maybe that guy was just a really good employee… though he did call six different store locations just to see if they had the pullover I wanted in my size… and he did ignore four other customers to check up on me… repeatedly… and smiled at me a lot… and said he hoped I'd be back soon and to ask for him if I needed help again... okay maybe he was flirting"). I find that the general signs of flirting (showing interest in what someone's saying, eye contact, smiling during eye contact, excuses for physical contact, innuendos and teasing, etc.) don't always mean that someone is flirting. I (unfortunately) know a lot of (supposedly) straight/cis guys who can work up a flirty banter that can look like something, but is meaningless after all. And, some people are just really nice. I was taught by my family to look people in the eye when I talk to them, to give firm handshakes, to be a good listener because it gets people to trust me and makes communication honest and open. However, it doesn't mean I'm flirting.

So, if anyone has had any recent experiences of flirting/banter, please tell me all about, every detail. I find that reading about others gives me insight on my own issues.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wrote this in my blog a few months ago:

Like all art there is a skill-set that should be learned. It's not very complicated, unless you make it so. How do you know you are being seduced? Most people don't realize it, you need to learn the cues, there is a language associated with it, but it's not just about saying something...

3. redghost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe romance is dead. Or on life support. I know courtship is gone. From what I see, a lot of people hook up, and next thing you know, they're sharing an apartment and acting a lot like spouses, without actually being married, when they've only been dating for three weeks. Things move so fast, and they turn into these crazy toxic relationships, and they wonder where things went wrong.