1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friend has left me.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Nychthemeron, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ever since we were young, my sibling and I loved to spend time with each other. It was great. They were annoying, but to be honest, I didn't mind.

Now, it's like they're drifting away. Slowly, but surely. Still annoying as ever, but much more rude.

They hit me now. Without provoking. I don't say anything, but inside, a rage is boiling. I feel the need to hurt them back - harder and faster. But I don't, and once the initial anger goes away, it's replaced by a very suffocating sadness.

I can't help but think they hate me now.

"Stupid."
    "Shut up."
    "Fuck you."

It's all that comes out of their mouth nowadays, and I don't think they know how much is hurting me. And once, I asked, "Do you think we can ever be nice to each other?"

And they said, "No." And then they laughed.

I tried. I tried so hard to be serious. So hard to connect. But my friend is gone now, and I miss them.

Where did I go wrong? What could I have done?

I can't talk to them. I can't. They won't take me seriously. They don't even care about me anymore. I don't want to talk to them, either. It hurts me too much.

I don't understand. What did I fucking do?

What do I fucking do?

I just don't know anymore...

2. birdking

How old are they?

Sibling rivalry is a thing I used to deal with a lot, and sometimes siblings (esp younger siblings) will have phases where they are mean to you for seemingly no reason.

It's likely that behind it all, your sibling still loves you, but for one reason or another they feel the need to compete for attention. And if this is the case, they'll grow out of it.

Teenagers also tend to withdraw so this could be the situation as well.

I'm sure it will be ok, buddy.

3. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They're ten. Very mature for their age. They don't need to compete for attention, though, since our parents aren't home sometimes, and they all love us equally. And they aren't really withdrawn, because they chat up a storm with their internet friends. Just... not me.

I don't know. It's not like sibling rivalry. It's literally me trying to be nice and them reacting rudely, meanly, or violently in return.

We actually just got physical. I offered them my sandwich and they fucking punched me really hard. They got mad because I... well, apparently, they were expecting me to finish it and they were already getting ready to eat something else, I guess.

In any case, I got mad, too, and returned the punch. Then we just... hurt each other, until I said, "Why are we fighting?" And they legitimately said they didn't know.

Worst part is that I was still angry at that point and threw the last punch. They gave me permission, but... still.

I don't know why we fight over such stupid things. It makes me want to hurt someone. I'm so angry. Anyone, really...