1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I text him if he doesn't text me after a week? If so what should I tell him?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by albert8512, Jul 28, 2014.

1. albert8512

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So there's this guy I met on a dating app, that very same day I slept with him. After that neither of us texted for like 2 weeks cause I thought I should give enough time, so we could do it again. Just additional info neither him and me want a relationship, we're just for 'Friends and Fun'.

One day after these two weeks, I texted him for more 'fun', he didn't reply till 3 days later. Anyways he started texting me daily, and he said a lot many times he liked me a lot. We went to the movies, and after that the texting continued Monday night and Tuesday, he said again he liked me a lot.

On Wednesday last week, he didn't text me as he usually did, so I decided to initiate the conversation, and yeah it was good. However, next day he didn't start the texting, so I tried to do it again and he took 2 hours to reply. On Friday he replied something I texted him on Thursday and I asked him about hang out again some day and this time it was my treat , he hasn't replied since then. YET he sees every picture I add on Snapchat to my Story.

I feel I kinda messed it up for texting him a lot. This is the third day he hasn't replied, and I'm overthinking many things. I just hope I haven't lost this friendship. All of my friends say I should calm down and give him couple of days, and he may text me.

If he doesn't reply after a week what should I say, Just "Hi" , "what's up", "How are you doing?" or what? I want something short since sometimes I write way too much.

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Should I text him if he doesn't text me after a week? If so what should I tell hi

If the problem is that, then i'm afraid to say he isn't the right person for you. The same happened to me before, and i realized the guy i was texting wasn't interested on me, even if he said that before. He just wanted me really casually, and then he grew tired of me.

I'm not saying that's your case, but don't get your hopes up. You may try texting him again, and if it works then great, but be prepared to the contrary. If you feel that you are forcing it, then he may just be not interested.

If you feel you are doing something wrong, and you are forcing yourself to act in a way that isn't your normal just to try and catch his attention, then probably he just doesn't click with you.

#2 Chiroptera, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014