1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should You Accept This?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ZenMusic, Jul 29, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

Should you accept a friend that says "I don't agree with homosexuality or what you're doing, but I'm your friend" I've never met someone like this but I don't know if I could?

2. the lone wolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not sure if "accepting" is the right word, but for me personally, it definitely wouldn't mean I couldn't be friends with said person.
    If they don't hold it against you or shout hate speech every time you bring something up that could be linked to homosexuality, and they're just like "sure whatever" it'd be alright in my book.

3. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

No.

Those who do not fully accept and appreciate me for who I truly am, and are merely "acceptive" of my very nature, can go kindly go fuck themselves.

Not the kind of person I would call "friend".
    I use that word carefully.

#3 Black Raven, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  4. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I probably wouldn't be BFFs with the person, most likely, but I don't think I'd reject their company or anything like that. In fact, I'd probably hang out with them every now and then and try to bring them around to be more accepting.

The fact that they don't agree with homosexuality and yet still want to be your friend does say something about their strength of character.