1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

questions about a possible relationship.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Proginoskes, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Proginoskes

So, I met this guy at a si-if convention. He's funny, bright, and is not much older than me. We started skyping, and have been skyping for months now. Things have changed, and he wants a romantic relationship. Do any types of long distance relationships work? Is there anything you have to do differently in a same-sex relationship?

#1 Proginoskes, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  2. silverlining7

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Long distant relationships are extremely hard to do if you're looking for romance. Of course that doesn't mean you shouldn't go for it. If it's meant to be than it'll work, if it isn't. At least you won't have to worry about awkwardly meeting each other in the same place close to where you live.

3. I've had friends do successful long distance relationship sin the past, but they were in their early twenties. A lot of other people I know have had bad experiences with LDRs, but most of that was due to outside factors, such as age differences, personal problems, etc. I'm pretty sure these couples didn't communicate as well as they could have, and communication becomes especially important in an LDR.

I think that if you guys try to make it work, you'll have a good shot at doing so.