1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Afraid to make eye contact with guys?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MassiveExtract, Jul 30, 2014.

1. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a pretty sociable person and have a charismatic personality that people quickly take notice and adore, but I've noticed that I cannot make eye contact with people of my same gender. As a gay man this is a bit frustrating because people say that the eyes are the windows to the soul, but it makes me so nervous - if I notice that a guy is even looking at me, I quickly turn away. Of course this doesn't happen with the opposite sex, which is why I've noticed that recently my circle of acquaintances involves a lot more women than men.

What can I do to change this? I don't know why it is that I'm just unable to make eye contact with my same gender!

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Practice :lol:

Try with pictures, you know the ones that look directly at you, then ask you're friends to help

3. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I practiced a bit and guess what? It worked today! :eusa_clap

So for the first time in my life outside a gay club I made eye contact with guy that I actually found attractive. It was at my college, I was waiting for one of my friends and this beautiful guy passed by and I made eye contact with him, I mean I just stared with my daring look, incredibly he kept looking at me and nodded his head. Let's just say after that he followed me all the way to my car and asked me for my phone number. I had never felt that, but it showed me that I do have the ability to do it!

Unfortunately, the sad ending is that he only wants to have sex, so I'm just going to have him as a friend, but my attraction to him has stopped.

#3 MassiveExtract, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014