1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anxious...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by AlexTheGrey, Jul 30, 2014.

1. AlexTheGrey

I feel silly for letting this get to me.

I decided that I should try a couple changes, just to explore myself better. One is that I want to do something new with my hair. I've never really gotten it styled. I'd just get it cut when it got too long. So I don't know what would look good, at all really. But I do want to try for something that would help make me look a little more androgynous. There's even a well received salon within walking distance of my job. I can even setup the appointment online rather than over the phone.

But I'm just having a really hard time pushing myself to hit the button. I've had the site open in a tab all day, but I just haven't done it yet. Just the thought of having to explain what look I'm going for drives up the anxiety.

Mostly just need to vent, but it is driving me nuts right now.

2. DoctorWatson

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just show them a picture of the haircut and simply say "this is what I want." Most of the time the hairdressers know exactly what they're doing. I went to get a haircut the other day and showed the hairdresser a picture of what I wanted, and she literally looked at it for 1 second and then replicated it down to the tee.

3. AlexTheGrey

I got myself worked up to the point that I forgot to mention that I don't even know what I want it to look like, except in vague terms. It's the idea of having to consult to get ideas that triggers it. :eusa_doh:

4. DoctorWatson

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know if this helps, but here are some haircuts I like that could possibly give you ideas:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]