1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep questioning myself even when before I was sure

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Akira12, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay so I keep saying I'm gay and want a relationship with a man but every now and then my brain decides to go are u sure your gay? I'm sexually attracted to women at all I know that much. I've dated a few women in the past but cld nvr see myself with them long term. I get excited when I see a man and my first thought is oh he's cute or sexy or something then I end up looking at him and going oh nice legs or sexy voice and so on but with women's I just go oh cute dress or whatever and keep on walking. I stayed away from m/m fanfictions just to be sure and it hasn't gone away. I keep asking these questions but really don't know who else to ask! I'm so confused and just want to be myself and not keep questioning myself at random times! I have gotten better at liking myself and my looks were I can look in the mirror and say damn I look good! So that's a momentous achievement! It just seems life likes to put tons of road blocks in front of me whenever I achieve something lol. The. There are the times I get depressed and lonely I just want a big strong man to hold me and say it's alright or to be able to cry and let him soothe me if that makes any sense. Hope I put this question in the right thread didn't know we're else to put it that would make sense. Thanks for reading this far if you got this far lol!

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You may find this useful:

Empty Closets - Stages of Coming Out

It sounds like you are making progress, but still need to fully accept who you are. Often this is the most difficult stage on the coming out journey (self acceptance) and it's normal - yes, normal - to ask questions of yourself.. afterall, you want to be sure, don't you?

I had quite a bit of time struggling with the same questions you are asking yourself right now and there are many other members of this forum in exactly the same boat. Even though it may feel like you are alone on this journey, please know that you are not.

I'm sorry that you are feeling so depressed with it all, but I hope you will stay with us and keep talking. It really does help to share your feelings with like minded people. In time, with our support and encouragement, you may move to the next step on your personal journey and find yourself in a much better place. We may not be the strong man you are looking for, but we'll try our best to help. :slight_smile: