1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Fallenlunatic, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Fallenlunatic

Japan (a foreigner unfortunately. A lot harder)
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I used to be someone who likes talking a lot. Well actually I still do but, even though I really want to I just can't think of anything to talk about anymore. I just feel like I might end up being annoying again. There's alot of bad flashbacks (from when I was in elementary) that really haunt me ._.

And I don't even know what I really wanna do in the future, my dream... I just want to be happy, or be someone of prove that I can be myself and be something amazing. But I don't know how to do that. I can;t even have friends or talk to anyone here because of language barrier and I know I shouldn't take that as a big problem (even tough it is) but I'm a really emotionally weak person an well...shy. and so I'm not good socially or making friends.

Some of the students here actually wants to make friends with me but i just don't know how to react to it or how to make myself a better friend.

2. Really

If people want to make friends with you can you just go with the flow? Smile and nod. Accept invitations to do stuff. Let them instigate things. The Japanese are very polite. I'm sure they'd be great to make friends with. You could ask them to show you some of the local culture or their favourite hangouts or even teach you the language/slang expressions. Even if it's not your thing, you'd be with people and get "practice" interacting.
    Ichi, ni, sun, shi, Go!