1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with my friend

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by wardrobeescaper, Aug 1, 2014.

1. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey all, me and one of my friends were having a conversation last week and I can't get it out of my head so I was wondering what others on here thought.

We were chatting alone completely sober and the subject of relationships came up, he told me wasn't sure where his relationship with this girlfriend was going and he described her as a bit clingy. I just told him to do whats right by you. He then started asking questions about my relationships and I told him about my last relationship where I was cheated on and caught them in the act. I said I chucked them both out and I was really hurt over it he replied with "you've got me now... er you've got us!" us meaning the friendship group. He ducked away from the conversation and didn't look me in the eye for the rest of the evening, he did talk he was just really awkward.

2. mangotree

Sounds like he was trying to make you feel better but the specific words weren't thought thru thoroughly before they came out of his mouth.

3. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Could be he's feeling insecure and was just trying to make an effort at cementing his relationship with you. He might be up in the air about his feelings right now; commitments, love, belonging, bonding, etc. It can get confusing at times.

4. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the helpful comments. Yeah that is probably true, he always seems a bit indecisive about his feelings and he can be a bit hot and cold. When I was busy for a few weeks and didn't see him, when I went to say hi he told me that he was worried I was going to move away and he then looked at the floor and said he cared about me. Then snapped back into normal mode and we were laughing and joking as normal.

5. MilansMele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In the future, when he makes these kinds of ambiguous statements, I think you need to be prepared to ask him exactly what he means by them.

There seems to be something of a verbal dance going on between the two of you and until you better understand his intentions it's difficult to know if you should pull him closer. Ask.

6. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah i should just ask him straight out. He has a girlfriend so I doubt he wants more than friendship. A couple of times when we were all talking, his girlfriend me and him. His girlfriend muttered somthing rude about my job, I didn't think anything of it but he shouted at her and got really protective of me. I do appreciate it but I tought he was going a bit far for the situation. He also tells me off if I say somthing unsubtle in public.

---------- Post added 2nd Aug 2014 at 06:29 PM ----------

I have tried to talk to him once but he just clams up and doesn't say anything.

7. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I'm trying to meetup with my friend since he's been on holiday, will see how that goes.