1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to a private christian school

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by iamjustababy, Aug 1, 2014.

1. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I've gone to this private christian school since I was in second grade, and almost all my friends are there, but being that I'm not christian anymore makes me feel out of place, because every morning we start with a prayer, in every class we say a prayer to start this class, in choir we sing only gospels and you can't express any ideas or thoughts if it doesn't follow the bible, and on top of that being gay doesn't help at all, considering everyone is homophobic there...I don't want to leave thought. Because if I do I'll be home schooled the rest of my school life and all my friends are there.

I have no idea what to do here so what would you do? any advice is appreciated x.x

2. LifeAsWeKnowIt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I went to a pretty strict all-girls Catholic school my entire life. While they never really told us that gay was bad, there wasn't any help or support extended, if you get me. I spent 4 years in the closet, but in that time I happened to befriend two other gay girls, even though we were all still super closeted. It helped a lot to have a friend who understood, an it gave me enough space to still remain in the closet to most people, without feeling too isolated. I guess what I'm trying to say is that right now, it's probably best to stay in the closet for the most part - both for your own safety and health. However, I do think you should try to find some people, in any way you can who will love and support you. This may be inside school or out. I'm sorry my advice couldn't be more helpful, but it's all I got.

3. MassiveExtract

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I spent all my life in a private christian school... looking back I regret that my mother ever put me in one. I have to be thankful though, she did what she thought was best for me and it did help me learn English (my native language is Spanish), and yet it was a horrible experience.

First off, I don't think I ever believed in Christianity. Second, although I didn't want to admit it, I've been gay all my life and every-time the preacher said something against homosexuality something inside of me would tremble, it was awful. Also, between the ages of 7-14, I used to be very feminine, which made people pick on me - it clearly explains why I became a bully when I turned 15.

What I can tell you is to try to convince your parents to take you to a more open minded private school that you'll feel better. There has to be one in your area.

#3 MassiveExtract, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  4. iamjustababy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well there really isn't another school, I don't even live in a city and so the next closest school is about 2 hours away aside from public, witch my parents refuse to put me in.

5. markosss

in my country even in public schools we say prayer before the beggining of the school day...and it is not private nor christian.it is just a public school.anyway i think home schooling is a good idea! you can always keep in touch with your friends

6. iamjustababy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would be all for home schooling, if I hadn't already done it my entire life >.>