1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I should have killed myself

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by artist92, Aug 1, 2014.

1. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The other day I posted a thread where I intended to kill myself. I also said something similar on Facebook, but blocked it from my parents. Unfortunately, my Aunt saw it and called the police. I was taken to the ER, and then I was put in a Crisis Center for 4 days. I thought I finally was making progress, and was really excited to get home and apply what I learned. Then it all happened. My Dad found some drawings I made and a ...toy... that my BF gave me. He then made a long list of rules I have to abide by or be kicked out onto the street. Here is some of them. "You will not cross dress or wear makeup of any form." "We will install a tracking software in all of your devices that have internet Access." and "No homosexual behavior. You are a man, not a woman."
    My BF is now breaking up with me because they would find out about him with the tracker, and I'm at my Wit's End. Its hard enough being a feminine guy and repressing myself every day, but losing my boyfriend after we had such a strong bond...I just want to die more than ever. And I can't even look for someone else, because all technology will be bugged. I won't even be able to come to emptyclosets once installed, and I have ZERO LGBT friends. Or friends at all. I don't know how to make it, and I want to scream.

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    cant you move out you really dont deserve to put up with your dads shit?

3. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I only have 50 cents to my name, and can't seem to hold down a job. I don't think I'll ever be able to leave.

4. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    what about a relative?

5. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not without causing a family feud. My parents would pretty much wage war against anybody I went to stay with. It hurts so bad because the breakup was so sudden and quick. We were texting and then he just calls it off. I don't blame him because his parents are like mine, but I was hoping at least a Skype call so I could see him one last time. At least one final "I love you", but now Im just staring at my phone, knowing he won't be back, but just waiting in vain hopes.

6. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    wow, im really sorry i was i could help, what about an lbgt center?

7. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think there are any around here. The closest would probably be Atlanta, but I don't have any way of getting there. And once the computers and phone are bugged, I can't look any up.

---------- Post added 1st Aug 2014 at 11:03 PM ----------

And knowing its all my fault for the breakup... it is too much to bear.

8. Lucaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh god that's awful :frowning2:

Can you contact the people at the hospital who helped you? They're already familiar with you and your emotional situation. I'm sure they won't tolerate the fact that your dad just sent you spiraling down again. Or, I hope they won't tolerate it.

Or try searching online for a crisis hotline that you can call for advice.

9. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would love to talk to the hospital, but they're one that you have to be referred to, and I can't just call them. And also, my dad does have every right to make those rules since I am living with them. But they are so unreasonable.

10. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

you need to hold down a job, and look into supportive services in your area. if you want to tell or pm me your location in Georgia I can make a list of these next time I am at a computer. If your home environment is whats making you suicidal you need to leave, it doesnt sound like your dad would be open to you visiting a psychologist or therapy.

11. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I live in NE GA, and I have had a part time job, but I never earned enough to leave. I do see a psychologist, but while I was away, apparently he liked their list of rules, so I can't even talk to him about it when I go on Monday.

12. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Try you're best to find a job, if you can't, do some voluntary work for the moment, it might give you better chance of landing a job. Its shit, but you need to go through with living with your parents for the time being. Don't kill yourself, depression isn't worth it, don't let it beat you.

13. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've tried, but I still just can't get over losing the ultimate dream job this week. I went from a job that would have rolled in serious dough, to looking for minimum wage and giving up on my dreams and my talent I love so much.

14. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being a parent doesn't mean you have an human being under your control, to do exactly as you will.

I agree with gay axolotl, if your home environment is what's making you suicidal, and there isn't a way to improve it for now, then it is best to plan and leave.

15. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

This is a shitty psychologist and you should get another, tell your dad he embraced the gay or something if he fights you on it? You need to*save save save. I will look into NE resources although NE is kind of vague. The topic title still worries me. You should not have died and I am glad you are here. You'll be okay friend <3

16. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I live in the Jackson County, Franklin county area.

17. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Why are you losing your job??

It may be minimum but its better than nothing, its just temporary until you pick yourself up.

18. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I lost it due to budget cuts and change of personnel. It was a video department job for a major football team. I quit both of my part time jobs because my ADHD would drive me insane from the same thing day in and day out. I don't really know if I can do another minim wage. And the football team I worked for is my LIFE, and I dreamed since I was a kid of working for them. But I'll never get it back.

19. sarahpenny02

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    *virtual hug*

20. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Huh, this sounds familiar...

Not so much the bugging of devices, but I do know what it's like to have controlling parents. My house was also making me suicidal...you should really plan to leave. For your own safety and sanity. Try to find a friend to stay with or a youth shelter and try to get a job. Once you've got a job, try to find someplace to live. It's not gonna be pretty, but it will be away from your parents and the stress and you can move forward with your life and be who you are! They have no right to control you are and who you aren't. It's time to leave.