1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Lesbian hair?"

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by bearhugs, Aug 1, 2014.

1. bearhugs

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Okay, so in the past, I've had very short hair, like, a pixie cut. I even shaved my head once! I want to cut my long hair short again, but kids in high school are much more judgemental than kids in elementary and middle school. Even back then, when I was somewhere between 10-14 years old, I was called a lesbian by mostly boys in my class. I didn't really mind a whole lot, because by then, I had kinda figured out which team I played for :wink:

But there's a little group of really nice (sarcasm) people in my class, they already make fun of jsut about everyone even remotely different, and I have enough shit on my plate already. I don't need them making fun of me or bullying me!

I know I'm making a big deal about a haircut, but does anyone have advice for what I should do about this? Thank you! :slight_smile:

2. Lucaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, what I would do is imagine I've gotten my awesome hair and getting picked on by these jerks, and note my feelings. Then I would note how I feel when I imagine going through school without the hair I wanted to avoid getting bullied. Does that help?

Also, if they're that judgmental, they might just find something else to give you a hard time about even if you don't get your hair cut how you want it. So maybe you should just go for it.

3. bearhugs

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you. :slight_smile: That's a really good point, because I also have a very terrible sense of style haha :wink: if they wanna tease me, it won't be for my hair!

4. Polterpup

Go for it! They may find something to pick on you for anyway. And you should do what makes you happy. If you want a short hairstyle and if you think that it'll make you happier and feel better about yourself then do it. It's about what matters to YOU, not them.

5. Budweiser

I want you to picture a man, he has on a badass, fanciful military uniform. Maybe like a secret agent in the field. Now I want you to picture him, pants around ankles, squatting over a plate. He is pushing and struggling but in the end.. he just looks at the camera and says "Nope, nothin" after he says that, take a breath.

Now see how concerned you are about those oh so nice people.

**this is the exercise I do when I want to not give a shit, it seems to be working.

6. Notsoshure

I say go for it!
    Do what you want to do, it is only hair.
    If it is short or long doesn't really have anything to do with your sexuality, and if those people are stupid enough to pick on you based on that, then screw them.
    It might just be that you are making it even worse on your head than it will be.
    Just be yourself and do what makes you happy, dont let those people in your class stop you from doing that.