1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gosh, why do I screw up everything?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Polterpup, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Polterpup

Ugh, I have been the biggest screw up today! Besides telling one of my friends secrets (she didn't tell me it was a secret and she said it wasn't a big deal anyway), I SERIOUSLY screwed up with my crush today. She was drum majoring (yup, that's what I'm calling it) and she kept getting off at the end of the song (this is her first year) and I could tell that she was legit going to cry. She managed to hold it back, but like an idiot...I brought it up in conversation lately.

"So, um...I saw that you were almost pushed to the point of tears up there."
    "Yeah, I was."
    "Mmm. Well. I could really tell. You don't hide your emotions well."
    "Well, thanks for informing me of that."

Oh. My. GAWD. That came out sooo wrong! It's just...that conversation wasn't supposed to be over...but she walked away. I wanted to go on to telling her that seeing her that worked up over something that she is trying her absolute hardest at. I texted her telling her that...along with the words "I'm sorry" typed about a thousand times. Unfortunately, she didn't answer. She's not one for answering her phone. Ever. I'm pretty sure it's always off. How could something come out so...wrong? Ugh. Not one of my life's highlights. How am I ever going to get the girl I feel that I must have if I keep unintentionally insultin her?

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can always just go up to her, in person, and say that you're sorry for yesterday in the sincerest way possible. You know her - is she a nice person? If so, there's a very, very likely chance that she will accept your apology, especially since you're sincere.

There's also the chance that she just totally forgot about the incident. People over think embarrassing and upsetting incidents all the time, and trust me, a lot of the 'victims' don't even remember. I can't tell you how many times someone bumped into me and freaked out and I told them it was okay and moved on - but the likelihood of them thinking about it for the rest of the day... pretty high.