1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling Shrekish

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Noir, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Noir

To put it simply, does a girl who possibly loves you but never wants to be gay--who, more than that, almost certainly has a man in her life now--even need a lesbian friend like me around? I'm feeling very much like the ogre who can't marry the princess. :icon_sad:

I'm experiencing for the seventh time the girl I like being taken away by a guy (between three girls). The difference this time is that I thought that she might love me back, and I thought I could make her happy. It broke my heart recently, though, to read on Facebook that one of her ex'es is now back in her life and she is ready to accept him. Of course, no one else knows about us and everyone else thought it was sweet, but it was like a big slap to my face saying: you're not good enough for me because you're a girl. It was awful! All the things she was saying about him in the status was basically what she's told me in private she feels for me, only...she accepted him.

I'm actually really angry about it. I don't know how to deal with this rejection! I know it's not really anyone's fault, that I just couldn't be the one to make her happy in the end, no matter what I thought by myself. I know there will be other chances with other girls for me. I have friends, too. But!! How can I still smile at her...? What should I do when I see her again? What if she really doesn't need me in her life anymore? I don't know if I can just act like everything's fine, but I don't want to be a snob either and act all bitchy like if she can't date me it isn't worth the friendship! She's my dearest, most precious friend now, but I can't see my place in her life anymore. I don't know where I stand.

What do I do??? :help::help::help::help: