1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cliques

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by wardrobeescaper, Aug 3, 2014.

1. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hey all, doesn't everyone hate cliques? when I first left school I moved to a new area, the people in my new area had mostly known each other since school and although friendly, they were a bit off with me at times and I struggled to fit in. I ended up spending years hanging around with a female who tried to control my life and in the end I had enough and left the group. I even struggled with employment, I seemed to be able to get temp jobs but struggled to get anything permanent. People I knew who were "local" managed this ok. In the end I had had enough and moved to a city not too far away. I managed to secure a permanent job had a boyfriend that ended in a nasty split but still socially I have met a few nice people though work but most people again have long established cliques and I've often felt that I was the outsider in the group.

Has anyone any social advice? I am not part of the gay community either.