1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mum is becoming a LGBT counsellor

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by black-cat, Aug 6, 2014.

1. black-cat

Well, not yet, but she is going through the tests to become especially qualified in treated youths who are LGBTQ. She will probably get the job, she is very good.

She doesn't know about me being.... non-straight. I've been intending to come out for a while, but I'm homeschooled, rather isolated, and don't want to date in highschool. I'm using this as my excuse as to why I shouldn't come out, at least I'm self aware LOL.

Help. I'm freaking. What should I do? Idk if I can keep it a secret if she is going to be working with kids like me all day. How do I come out? I wasn't intending for this to happen. she will obviously be fine about it, but idk if *I* will be fine about it.

Please, thankyou, sorry. Thankyou. I'm kinda anxious. *breaaaaathe*

#1 black-cat, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I understand your anxiety, but why don't you take this opportunity and come out to her then? She will probably be fine about it, as you said! I don't think you will have any problems with it, apart from the anxiety and being nervous about coming out. :slight_smile:

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You could ask her questions about how these kids are questioning their sexualities. That may give you the courage to tell her you're questioning yourself; though, it would be better to tell her the truth if you're quite confident you're gay or bi.

4. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say come out to her sooner than later. If anything, it will help the both of you out. On your side, you certainly have someone to talk to about this kind of stuff. On her side, she's got more in her portfolio, and she can say that you being LGBT would be even more of a reason for them to acknowledge her as specialized in this field (for lack of a better term).

5. black-cat

Oh my. Eeek. I agree with Ryuichi that it would look a lot better for her if she were raising an (out of the closet) LGBTQ youth. Holy hell. It is time for me to come out of Narnia, isn't it?!!