1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never feel like 'good enough'

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Gentlady, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, being 14, school gives me a lot of trouble. Mainly because 20 of my 24 classmates are....... Well, to be nice, terrible. In school, I either get completely ignored, or made fun of. They always find more and more things to laugh at about me. I don't even keep up anymore. Once it was that I was so stupid that I had to ask the psychologist's help for it, the real reason for me seeing the psychologist being something very else. How did they find out I was there? One of my supposed"friends" saw me in the waiting room. Whenever we're to do a group work in class, I'm the one who gets stuffed in a group because no one asks me in. My group's reactions when the teacher says I'm with them? "Oh nooo, not her....... Anyone but her...." of course so that the teacher doesn't hear, but I do.
    So, I think it is quite clear I want pretty much nothing to do with these people. So I applied for another school. Today, however, I found out I was accepted in there. And that makes me wonder what the hell should I do to be enough to someone. I just can't see how to ever get my classmates to not hate me. I don't know why they dislike me so much. I'm out to those 4 nice people, and they haven't told the others, so the reason they don't like me is definitely not homophobia.
    I just feel like not enough to anyone. I don't know what to do.

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just be yourself, you cant impress everyone trust me and stop caring and what they think of you that will only slow you down in life, "To avoid criticism is to say nothing, do nothing and be nothing"

3. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

I gotta agree with Peacemaker.
    Do it for yourself. Don't think you owe someone sth or have to be good enough for them.
    Try as good as you can and the rest is ok.
    It is hard, easier said than done as always but it is worth it.
    Once you stop caring about others and their expectations and start to care about yourself and also do it for yourself you reach a goal. A very important goal that will help you through your entire life.
    And see, you got people that support you. If not in real life, then here.
    And so do I (*hug*)

4. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you both :slight_smile:
    But while I agree, I have to say that it's not just that easy to not stop caring. The things they say actually hurt me. Make me cry, and for fuck's sake I'm not one to cry.

5. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

It's hard yea. I understand that.
    I still couldn't manage it to not care.
    They're a bunch of assholes and bitches and don't know anything bout you.
    Don't listen to them. They're not worth it!!!

6. SeaSalt

School is shit. you get bundled together with a bunch of strangers who you have nothing in common with and are expected to just make friends. Believe me its not you. my advice is patience, you go through the hell commonly known as school but you come out of it at college. College is AWESOME!. you choose specific subjects that you enjoy and everyone in those groups has a ton in common with you. I went on an IT diploma and withing a week I had half the group playing World of Warcraft. Bare with it and don't let people drag you down!

7. thecarpenter

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree with OmittedFlunky, school is probably the worst time in your life because you have no option but to go everyday and be forced to deal with these people who are often very nasty. It is borderline abuse really, having to put up with the bullying and intimidation. Honestly though, the moment you leave school everything changes. You have the freedom to do what you like and stand up for yourself. I've also noticed the bullies and 'cool kids', once they leave school in a few years you realize they are not so cool because the real work is about hard work and being a good person. So just do what you can to get through the next few years. Don't worry about making them like you, they are beneath you and not worth your time or effort.

8. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks you guys, I knew I would feel a lot better about this after sharing it in here :slight_smile:
    EC has made my life better in so many ways :wink::slight_smile: