1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Graduated High School & ZERO/0 Friends or anything

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by indie, Aug 8, 2014.

1. indie

indie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just graduated and have literally 0 friends still.. Well, I had one friend but we are no longer friends after today...... Any suggestions on making friends?? I will take any advice that you got!! <3 :slight_smile:) I'm not depressed or even really sad, it just would be nice for once to have a solid friendship in my life. Hahahahahaaa, most people find me "weird".

2. mangotree

Find other weird people.

I'd probably start with the local gay scene or maybe some hobby/sport/social/volunteering/activist groups.

3. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Haha find people with the same interests as you :slight_smile:

You must interact talk with people! I mean I imagine that's harder when you're out of school but I am sure you'll make it work :slight_smile:

Oh I see you joined today! So let me welcome you :slight_smile:

Hey and welcome to EC I hope you enjoy your time here to meet new friends who will both advice and support you in your efforts to make new friends? Haha cx Well I hope that you are able to share your experiences with this wonderful community and it's equally amazing members!

Well gods luck :slight_smile:
    If you ever need a friend don't hesitate to contact me :slight_smile:

#3 C06122014, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2014
  4. indie

indie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

:slight_smile: Thanks yous for the welcome but haha, I'm not exactly new to the site..this is just a new account, I deleted my last account like a year ago I think.

Also, thanks for the friend advice

5. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Oh haha you thanked me but I can't reply because I can't post on your wall :/

But that means that you've been on the site for longer than me cx haha so you should be welcoming me cx

And no problem I will do my best to help! :grin:

6. Hyaline

As is often the case, I agree with MangoTree again...

I find my best friends are people that I share some odd history with. Love of cars, boys, technology, work history, pastime. etc..

My most interesting friends are just interesting people. I had dinner with my friend who has a degree in accounting, but really likes death metal and wants to go to Iceland to get a tattoo by some death metal guy. He drives a Miata and loves camping. He is one of the most genuine people I know. He wears his heart on his sleeve and is very caring about the people around him. But, he has no verbal filter most of the time. And is an endless source of comedy and fun. (but not all my other friends like more than a small dose of him)...

It is people like this that I would have avoided generally as I have very little in common with him at first glance. But after getting to know him, we have a ton of things we share.

So, like MangoTree said, go weird... At the very least, it will never be boring...

7. Budweiser

How to FIND people.. well, I'm in the same spot as you. How to find friends outside of highschool or college... well you can't go to bars alone, and nobody really wants to talk in coffee shops. Meeting for just friendship online isn't really that practical =/ Half the time when you go to those meet up groups like for LGBT and such they are very cliquish. So... I guess the next step for us is to do some volunteer work and hope other people our age are doing the same thing.

8. indie

indie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol, I spend most of my time volunteering at a nursing home for the elderly.. I'm the only young adult that even goes near that place.. LOLS

9. Budweiser

How wonderful ^^ uhhh... maybe try adding an animal shelter onto that? sadly, it seems like we'll have some deep friends in college who will go in different directions after that's done, and then have some bbq friends and work buddies as adults, since there's no time for deep friendship anymore with kids, work, family time, yadda yadda. Is that the reality waiting for us?? :s

Well I am *an adult* but I'm not living like one yet lolol.

10. Hyaline

Unfortunately, yes, that does seem to happen. I miss some of my friends terribly sometimes. Hell people I was close with even 10 years ago I hardly see anymore. But friends come and go in your life like anything else. And its not that you aren't friends, it is just that you are all really busy. So you have to find people who have time for you that are worth your time.

11. Falklands Sheep

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Story of my life, basically.

Here's my tuppence worth: normally, when we leave high school and move on to, say, university or work, we stand in no man's land, and usually, there are other strangers standing in that same land with you.

Now usually, you don't really want to stand in the open in no man's land, so you usually jump into the first foxhole you can find, and normally, others will also jump into that same foxhole.

And there you go. You'll eventually befriend those strangers.

In other words, when in a hostile environment, people tend to group up and cower together for a few days until you realize the 'threat' was inexistent. All of my current college friends were made that way.

12. Formality

I'm experiencin the same thing. I mean I still have friends from highschool but I don't meet up with them very often since most people in my school came from other places in Sweden. Right now I spend most of my time home studying, but the free time that I ave kinda sux cus I feel so lonely. I want the kind of friends that I can tell anything and talk about deep and interesting things with. I told my brothers this and they just kinda laughed at me... I feel like no one understands me.

But yeah, maybe a you guys say, volounteering is a good idea. I have a hard time trusting people and opening up though, that's my biggest problem when it comes friends. I'm weird.. Funny thing is people tell me that, but I see it as something positive being different or "weird" :slight_smile:

13. YaraNunchuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I was similar to you. Actually from about 14 I made no new friends and my social life decayed, but I was such a hardcore geek that it didn't bother me. I only started becoming more socially engaged when I was your age, I guess. But now I have lots more really cool, good friends. Don't worry about it too much. Weirdness becomes less of a problem in adulthood; as you go through work, or university, or just the random circumstances of adult life, you'll keep making great friends.

That said, it's sometimes hard, and sometimes you'll feel like your social circle is not quite where you want it to be. For me it's always a work in progress. That's OK. The key is to be on the look out for new people in your life, but not to the extent that you seem overly focussed on it, or you'll seem unrelaxed. Try to take it easy. :slight_smile:

14. Budweiser

Great, how do you do that? They can't all be working at animal shelters.