1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i want to start dating with the same gender but everyone u know is straight

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by colossus, Aug 8, 2014.

1. colossus

colossus Guest

lately i want to start dating with my own sex now since i've come to terms with my orientation but the problem is no one i know is gay and there is only to people in my school who are interested in the same gender but one i hate and the other doesn't like me since he gave me a deathstare

i don't know what to do could anyone give me advice about how i could find a way to start dating?

2. indie

indie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Online dating, maybe?? Just a thought

3. colossus

colossus Guest

i dont think theres any site for dating under 18 since im 15 im not sure if there's a site that i could go to

4. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could start a GSA at your school and put up fliers inviting people to attend. I guarantee there are more than two gay guys out there.

5. colossus

colossus Guest

my school dont allow clubs run by students and it's quite limited to what clubs can be held sadly

6. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How about finding a cofee house and host a lgbtq event?

7. colossus

colossus Guest

am i able to do that at my current age i thought holding any kind of event like that i would atleast need to be somewhere close to 18 or 20

8. You could always look for events or groups held for LGBT youth outside of school.
    I'm sure all it would take to find some is some googling or asking around.

Other than that, it's just kind of rough finding someone in high school. To some, it seems like no problem, but for lots of people (even straight people) dating in high school is just too limited to a small pool of people that don't seem compatible with you. Which sucks, but there's not much you can do about it except try and make friends or meet people around your age outside of your school.

9. Hyaline

I don't see how you could be restricted from holding a get together at a public place for people your own age. The thing is that you need to be in a safe public place preferably with other people you know. Your personal safety is paramount. If you can, take a friend or two with you. Stick to having coffee or a meal or something with a few new people your age and branch out from there.

You can post on craigslist or something similar, but it is not a good place to do this. There are too many people on there with false intentions. Maybe a site like meetup or something similar might be a better choice...