1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going back in the closet?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ali101xx, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Ali101xx

Ali101xx Guest

Out Status:
    All but family
    So, I'm 12 nearly thirteen and I came out of the closet as a lesbian in january this year (I was in year 7) some people accepted me and most dont like me. I suffer from depression from isolation, bullying etc. I can't do it anymore. Please give me tips on how to go back in the closet?
    Maybe some people have forgotten that im gay but . Doubt it. Maybe ill go to school in September and say I was just curious and I've realised im straight. Any tips or advice?

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    do you really feel that way, that your a lesbian?

3. Ali101xx

Ali101xx Guest

Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah I know that im gay and i love girls since i was 8 but want to go back in the closet.

4. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i wouldnt say you have to necessarily but you might want to try and stay under the radar at school or just change schools all together but um, how do your parents feel about this and your friends?

5. indie

indie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Going back in the closet will only make it worst I think, be true to yourself

6. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Don't go back in honey, because doing so will be worse :slight_smile: don't do it because it won't go away, you are who you are you need to embrace it smile and live because only then will you be happy :slight_smile: you can't go back In because then those homophobes and ignorant people win, you can't go back in after so much effort to come out :slight_smile:

7. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are so young people don't see you as a sexual being anyway so most likely all you have to do is tell them you discovered you aren't gay after all and they will probably accept it. But you might still be depressed about having to go back to being deceptive.

Have you considered reporting the bullies to the principle's office? The school has an obligation to provide a safe and bully free environment. They might be on your side if you give them a chance.

8. TwinNumber2

TwinNumber2 Guest

12 is really young to come out so well done! :slight_smile: Most people your age are going to be silly and immature about your sexuality. Mainly just because they're ignorant. In all homesty I was a bit homophobic when I was 12. Mainly cause I was desperately trying to cover it up and the fact I was extremely immature.

I don't know if going back in the closet is the best idea but its up to you. Maybe you could tell people you're just a bit confused and unsure. Don't try and cover up your true sexuality by getting a boyfriend. That will really screw thkngs up. Maybe try challenging people on why they have a problem with your sexuality? Once challenged a lot of people realise how idiotic they're being. If you're too frightened to do this, tell a teacher that you trust what is going on.

Good luck! :slight_smile: