1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much make up do you think is acceptable for a guy to not cause a stir?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Sam.i.am1130, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Sam.i.am1130

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Grey eye shadow?

Concealer?

What?

Do you wear make up, or do you think its a thing of the past?

I was a guy that did not grow up in the traditional gay manner, I was more femme.. and also adjusted to the world in that.. I could get away with gay murder at some jobs... Still doesnt work...

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I don't wear makeup but if you like wearing it or feel it goes with part of your personality or it helps to express yourself, I'd say go for it. :slight_smile:

3. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well usually i go with eye liner and some mascara when im out for something really special and or feel so happy but still rare for me but i know some who do anyway
    also eye shadow but its most likely rare too
    blue and grey mostly darker colors is what i wear with makeup i dont shine with make up much mostly just my cloth

4. itsAli

I mostly use concealer and fill my eyebrows in

5. Robins Jacket

I'm not a dude, but I do have a gay friend who wears makeup. He usually just sticks with concealer, sometimes eyeliner, and a little bit of blush (not too much!). He did like to wear some extra mascara when he went to see his crush/bf. If you know someone who usually wears makeup have them help you at first to make it look more natural. BB cream is also good too.
    Hope this was helpful.
    I send love and hugs! <3 xoxo Good luck darling!

6. SeaSalt

Anything you want to!
    Want to wear makeup, Do. Want to wear silk stockings, Go for it. Do what makes you happy (and is legal)

I would love to wear dark Gothic kind of makeup but I haven't got a clue about any of that stuff nor do I have anyone to show me. I cant even style my hair properly!

7. RAdam

My personal preference is a completely natural look on guys. So just make up to even out your face and give it some colour like people on TV. I don't wear make up myself besides a tiny dot of concealer on a red dot if I have one. Make up on guys is fine for me as long as I can't tell it's make up. But in the end you should do what makes you happy.

8. ThePrideInside4

It depends on what he's interested in or attracted to.

9. Princess Danica

Really your chances of causing a stir depend heavily on where you live. If you live in a relatively accepting society and community then you'll probably be fine wearing any kind of makeup, but if you live somewhere like me where at least half the people around are judgmental bigots, then you would definitely cause a stir, and may even put your safety at risk. This is partially the reason I still only crossdress at home, or only wear light makeup in public if I'm with a friend to help guard me from the crazies.