1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time is ticking

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Formality, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Formality

I graduated high school at the beginning of summer with a few unfinished courses. A math course, a physics course and a spanish course. Now in order for me to get an "official grade" I need to finish at least one of these courses. The problem is I can't find the motivation to do so. The reason 'why?' is because I completely lack a direction in life. Because as I feel now I don't want to go to university and become an engineer or something like people might expect me to do. And as a matter of fact whatever I might have said some time in my life, I hate math*period*

I have always been intrigued by movies, directing and acting, and so have figured; "Maybe I should do acting..?" But I've been looking at others and realize that I would, pretty much, not stand a chance, for some people work so hard and are so talented and I just don't... I guess I don't have confidence in myself to do something as big as this. I know deep down that if I just work hard enough I could probably do it, but I'm scared I will fail.

At the same time I just moved home from living alone for 3 years and now have to spens my whole days with my family that is completely smothering me. I feel like I can't breathe sometimes. Like, when I lived alone I could be myself and blast whatever music I liked and dance and be as fudging gay as I wanted to (even if I'm not out) but as soon as I moved home I had to go into this "role". Pretending to be someone I'm not...

Point is I don't know where to go in life or how to get there and It's scary because I'm slipping into old habits and becoming a version of myself that I don't like.

Someone save me!:icon_sad:

2. Budweiser

3. Formality

That was quite a revelation to read. I have some major thinking to do.

4. Budweiser

I'm glad you liked it :slight_smile: Cracked is a really great website.