1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slitting My Wrist & Over dosing on medication

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by peanutbutter, Aug 10, 2014.

1. peanutbutter

So I forgot my morning meds but took my night time meds and i have no idea if medication has anything to do with it but I want to slit my wrist and over dose not to die but to come near death (or die) I have not cut in two months (never thought I'd make it this far) but I have started other stuff. I am in therapy and group therapy (DBT) I have coping skills but these thoughts are overwhelming. It's to the point where I'm cutting in my sleep (scratching) I woke up with marks today and I noticed them in church I am not sure what to do. I am afraid of going to the hospital because I am not suicidal and I have to work and I can't miss any hours at all. I am not at that point where I want my life to end I guess I just want to feel alive. or maybe my life is going perfect and im am not used to it. idk i feel a void, i feel like something is missing and im not sure and maybe the slitting and overdosing coming near death would help me find it.

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i know how you feel, i feel like that sometimes, like your empty and am feeling a deep void in your life, wanting to feel something but cant and thinking only death or something close to it could help you, but its not the answer, it never is you have to be strong, i listened to music, talked to people about my problems, read, did poetry or just wander in my mind for a while, maybe this can help you?

3. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (*hug*) I want you to think about your own sig, which I quite like. Use this crisis, and think hard about it. If you can embrace your pain you will pass through it, and find strength from it. I hope you feel better soon.

4. Reborn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think I had a similar void once. At a time when I didn't have a plan, and felt so empty and hollow. You need to find something to fill that void or it will stay there. Things like self harm, suicidal thoughts and thoughts of over dosing only make that void bigger and bigger. I filled that void with a community, our comminty, the LGBTQ community. A place where I belonged was I needed. I needed the reassurance that I wasn't, and would never be, alone. I want you to understand the same. No matter how empty you get, know that you are not alone and that you will always have a place.