1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hopelessness

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by artist92, Aug 11, 2014.

1. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, my life is finally at rock-frikken-bottom. For the past week, it has been so hard to go on. I finally came to terms with being transgender, then lost my boyfriend because of it. My parents find out, and they scream and holler, saying I'll corrupt the kids, and that its just Satan's Lies. I am no longer allowed to drive the family vehicle, so I have no way of going anywhere. I had to come back here, because my Aunt would be in a feud with my parents if I stayed with her. Constantly screaming about how I should accept who God made me to be, and that I will corrupt the children. I'm not even allowed to walk in any rooms besides the kitchen bathroom and living room, because they say the kids shouldn't talk to me. All I want is to be able to dress the way I want but I can't. I went to my psychologist today, and all I heard were horror stories of trans people who wish they didn't get surgery. I can never get enough money to move out, and that gets me so angry. I have to constantly pretend I'm a man, and its tearing me to pieces. My parents tell me to accept who God made me, but I can't!! I just have nowhere to turn, nowhere to hide, I want to die, and I can't take this pretending anymore. I don't know what to do, I just don't.

2. Budweiser

It sounds like you live in a family of extremists... I'm so sorry, that is awful... there is no such things as 'satans lies' or any of that, you are beautiful just the way you are, and you know what's better for you than anyone else. I will be in need of a roommate for college soon and I wish I could get to know you better and take you up with me, but colorado is pretty far from georgia. Still, it sounds like you need to get out... here, read this Mr. Money Mustache — Early Retirement through Badassity it's a man in my own homestate doing amazing things with just a little money discipline, maybe that can help you save up enough for a down payment on an apartment because girl, you gotta get outta there.

3. SeaSalt

Oh god, that sounds truly horrible I am so sorry. The painful truth is that you cant reason with the unreasonable or the irrational. Stay Strong, I hate to suggest this but maybe for the time being you could grin and bare your family's idiocy until you build up enough money to escape. Even if that means lying to your parents in the typical praise the lord I feel the light kind of way. Get them to believe that you have changed, then get a job, save your money and make a break for it. you will feel so much better when you are out of that kind of environment and in the future when you are in a happy relationship with a guy who loves you for the way you truly are, you will look back on the time you spent lying and think of it as a necessary evil.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful and I appreciate that my advice is a dark path to follow, I sincerely hope you sort this mess out and for the love humanity stay strong, we wouldn't know what to do if we lost our beloved artist92.

Also just remember if that is the sort of world God is trying to make then I want nothing to do with him. Norse gods are cooler anyway!

4. SeaSalt

I've been thinking and what I've realized is that the advice I have given you is shite. You shouldn't have to hide who you are no matter what your situation! I gave your profile a quick glance and let me tell you this, if that picture of Smaug is your own work then you my friend shall go far. You have an outstanding talent which for the love of the One true god (The night is dark and full of terrors!) you need to pursue. Move out, get away, Move here. We love you and we have the benefit system to prove it! Just don't listen to my advice from before it, not unlike your extremist parents, is full of shit!

MOST importantly remember that every cloud has a silver lining and if that little nerdy kid from Stuart Little can become the tank he is today then you sure a hell can brake free from your awful parents!

5. Ada M7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah, been thinking about this one since I read it earlier. Only thing for sure is, you need to gtfo of that place... As fast as possible. I'll think on it more. Realistically, hiding who you are will hurt you. It's better to fight.

Sounds to me your parents don't want to believe how "God made you"... I really shouldn't even go there...

Okay, you need to find an out. Something to mentally escape from the abuse. Followed by a psychologist who isn't a failure. Going to be tough in the bible belt, I've been there once and will never go back. .... I won't even go there.

Any money you get, save it. Get a job, surely your parents are not going to prevent that. Technically they can't. If you can save enough, aim to move to a location with public transportation and lots of it. Another thing you can consider is welfare support.

Unfortunately, my advice will most certainly be toxic for future family relations as it would involving choosing who I am over their company. That's just me though, you need to find out your own truths, without taking your life.

Remember, what doesn't kill you will make you a stronger person.

6. What they are saying isn't right. They need to learn that they have no control over your life. You are a strong person and you will make it through this. There are plenty of people on your side.