1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Hate This Phrase?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ZenMusic, Aug 12, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

Why do straight people always say the gay is being "shoved down their throat?"

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If they "always" say that I haven't seen it. But it's because the smaller number of gay people have to be louder for the message to get across. You don't see "straight pride parades" because people are already aware of what straightness is. But they don't see that gay people get heterosexuality shoved down their throats from EVERYTHING: books, movies, tv, perfume, any piddly thing is geared towards straight people.

I wish I could say to them "I don't want to turn you gay; I just want representation." A lot of people are too stupid to understand that kind of nuance though, and would prefer a false dichotomy (once someone explained what that is at least).

3. Shaded

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's exactly like Argentwing said. They are used to the world being a Heterosexual place and are uncomfortable with the presence of homosexuality I would assume.

4. itsAli

What i hate is that the people who use that phrase, are the same people who will kiss their other half for about 10 minutes in public, will be caught having sex down allies or in the forest (All real life experiences) but as soon as a same sex couple hold hands oh no NO NO NO

5. RainDreamer

Straight people doesn't say that. Ignorant bigot does. We are hardly shoving anything down their throat when we are the one being forced to swallow discrimination every single fucking moment of our lives. Just right when we start actually start telling them to stop shoving their belief down our throat and let us be, they start calling US shoving things down their throat?

I guess some truth are way too hard to swallow for them.