1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I "Came OUT" Of THE Closet To OVER 500 PLUS People Via' Text At Once

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Abi, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Abi

Abi Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Like a year ago, I came out of the closet to about 500 people via text AT ONCE..a lot of family friends & family.

Was this a horrible way to first come out?? Do you think that's why my parents don't respect that I'm who I am?????

I have a horrible speech disorder, I have a very tough time talking most of the time

---------- Post added 13th Aug 2014 at 11:50 PM ----------

:/

2. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    is it the way i want to come out? no. but, having said that, you said you have some trouble speaking so if you use technology to communicate then more power to you.:thumbsup:(*hug*)

3. Abi

Abi Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've came out to some people in person but my parents were not apart of "some people"

4. SeaSalt

I accidentally came out after signing a petition about the Russian Olympics. I wrote about being Bi in the anything else box which I didn't realize would be shared on Facebook xD

5. Abi

Abi Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh wow!! xD Well, :slight_smile: it seems like your doing good which is swell(!)

6. Ada M7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Lol... That is awesome! I mean... Surely embarrassing but, I don't think I would mind if things happened like that. Judging how most of the people have reacted I told thus far.

As to the OP:

Woah. I wouldn't have done it that way, but I am also more comfortable talking to people in person so, that is why. I, unfortunately, do not believe that would be the reasons behind your parents attitude... But that is just an opinion from someone who doesn't know your parents and typically assumes the worst (so that I might be pleasantly surprised if wrong.)

Then again, it can't be worse than my idea of, "Let's just get drunk and blurt it out! Yeah, that's a great idea..." Awkward...

#6 Ada M7, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  7. Abi

Abi Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people

(*hug*)

8. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it depends on the circumstances. I think coming out is the in person is the best way to do it because you get to see their reaction personally and know if you can trust that person with that information. My aunts, uncles, cousins are people I only see a few times a years so coming out by email was the best option and no one had a bad reaction. The problem with coming out online is you don't know exactly what their thinking and how they are gonna handle the news. One of my uncles was very immature about it and was telling my homophobic conservative grandpa about everything I post on face book and looking back at his response to me being gay it was very sarcastic and not trustworthy. But i at least found out soon enough what kind of person he really was and learned from that situation. What can you do when you barely see your family and the only choice you have is doing it by email. I am not good at personal upfront conservations anyway so it worked for me.

9. Abi

Abi Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's interesting, everyone is different

10. Hyaline

There is no right or wrong way to come out. I did mine in writing and in person and some via email or IM. Like you I feel better having my thoughts organized and written.

I doubt the method of delivery really impacts how your parents feel about it.