1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it normal?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by questionable, Aug 13, 2014.

1. questionable

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is it just normal for some gay guys to assume that their crushes could be bisexual or gay? Just because we like "that" person? I'm just curious, why I always assume of things like that on my crushes. Well, my assumptions have basis on why I assume them to be bi or gay. Its either my gaydar feels like they could be somewhat gay or bi, they do something suspicious or something.

I have this friend of mine who I just befriended a month ago, he knows I'm gay. He's fine with it, very cool and fine. It was my birthday last Tuesday and my friends knows that I have a crush on that guy that I just befriended, so they made a trick to let me fall for their trap and I held hands with him unintentionally, because I didn't really knew what was going on and I didn't knew that they planned that situation. All I know is, they talked to him to "play" arm wrestling with me, I was really blushing deep inside, cause I really like the person, after that "play" I went out of our classroom and went to the comfort room to relieve myself from blushing so much, I was so red and I can't contain my feelings cause I don't want him to know that I have a crush on him. He might get awkward towards me if he would knew about it. I didn't noticed that he was just watching me near the comfort room while I relieve myself and blushing like a real teenage girl. So, I'm guessing he already knew that I had a crush on him, cause I was really obvious when he was observing me. Just a few hours before our class dismissal, he went by our classroom and we had a short conversation. He said his classmates pour powder on the top portion of his hair. He wanted me to see if it really had powder on it. So, he allowed me to touch his hair to tap away the powder away from his hair. My heart was really pounding, when I was doing it. I was really wondering. How come he's not awkward being around me, even though he already had a hint, or maybe knew that I had a crush on him.

My mind and heart are battling, I'm just afraid that if I open up myself and tell my feelings to him, I might get rejected. I just hope that these things he does like the constant eye-staring whenever I know his around and when he knows I'm around is "something", or maybe it's just something normal that he does to everyone because his a nice person. I really wanted to be with him, but my friends says that I really have to slow down things first; they say I might get hurt if I immediately expressed my feelings for him. Recently, me and his sister(we're classmates) had some conversations regarding our families. She mentioned that their eldest brother was gay. I read an article about being gay is somewhat related to birth order(his brother is the youngest among the 3 of them) I know! I'm really assuming lots of things here.
    I just really want to clarify all these things, to avoid being hurt.
    Any advice about this guys? I really can't get him off my mind.

P.S.: I'm sure I sounded stupid on some of the things I typed in here, forgive me, I'm only sixteen years old.

#1 questionable, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  2. Rainbows~Exist

Assuming the guy you like is one of the most normal things any gay guy could ever do. I do this All the time. It's just natural. As for this guy well...

Don't rush into anything and don't jump to any conclusions. He seems like a great friend and if you're not careful and say something too soon you may lose his friendship which would be a terrible shame. Personally I don't think he's gay but there is a slight chance he's bi or bi-curious. My advice would be keep up this friendship, have fun! If he's gay or bi he'll tell you one day if not, you'll just have to accept the fact that he's straight. I'm jealous of you, I really am. You have an awesome friend who is accepting of you and by saying the wrong thing at the wrong time may mean you'll lose him forever. Treasure his friendship for as long as you can. You might have a chance with him in the future but for now just wait. Everything will soon fall in place.

3. RainDreamer

Well, it is the same for any kind of crush. Usually the expectation is that, they will love you back, and it is just that if you are the same gender as them, then that expectation extends to their orientation being the same with them. It isn't usually correct though.

The only way to know for sure is that you have to ask them.

#3 RainDreamer, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I knew one guy who insisted that absolutely everybody a gay crushes on is gay/bi, because "like attracts like". That seems awfully far-fetched to me. I always just thought the potential might be there - maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. And that's the way it always turned out. Sometimes he was, and sometimes he wasn't. :slight_smile:

Your first step might be to simply come out to him. See if he's comfortable with that.

Lex

5. questionable

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My gay and straight guy friends used to tell me that the "like attracts like"; his really different among all the guys I had a crush on. I don't see him in a very sexual and horny way, I see him as a person himself that I love and I want to be with. I don't fall inlove with guys that fast, though lots of guys can turn me on (sexually) easily. I guess I'll just have to treasure our friendship first, before everything... :grin:

6. Umbra

I may not be a gay guy. But I am physically attractive to woman. Despite the fact that I do not choose people based on gender. Most of the time I get attracted by someone who matches my intellect. But physically I only ever felt attraction for females. I am biologically female.

I always believe the woman I have a crush on are straight. I always look at it very logical.

"I like her, but she's gotta be straight"

"I like her, but she's gotta be straight"

Always runs in my head.

7. flower

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a crush on my manager at work. I recenty got my best friend
    who is gay to give her a note saying would you like to go for a drink
    since then all she does is smile at me, but said nothing about the note
    Should I ignore her now...:help:

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ Yes. Don't shit where you eat. :slight_smile:

Lex

9. questionable

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This guy I have a crush on, is really starting to get really touchy on me. Unusual grappling holds, unusual putting of his arms around my shoulders and recently he pat my butt while I was walking in the stairs ahead of him. He gives motives and I don't want to misinterpret them. He had his last day of exam today. It's very weird, because his becoming hyper and very loud whenever I'm around and when I'm looking at him. He kicks things, he makes unnecessary sounds, he shouts unnecessarily; he does lots of weird things when I'm around or maybe it's just his normal behavior. Her sister's friends said that he really loves attention from others, they also noticed that he keeps on looking at people who keeps an eye on him, they said it's also his normal behavior/personality. I just don't want to misinterpret all the things he does that I can see. I don't wanna end up being hurt in the end.

10. Candace

I mean, you find him attractive. What are you supposed to do? You're doing what's natural for you. I think that you should wait until he says anything of that regard. You would not want to assume that he's gay/bi then you find out that he isn't. That would not be cool.

11. Formality

The grappling, touching and "buttslaps" are normal between friends. I know multiple guys who likes to get touchy and slap man-butts, but they aren't gay in the slightest. Tbh, to me it seems like he is not gay, however a great friend. Cherish the friendship, and if anything else happens, good for you! :wink: