1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feel So Alone

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by artist92, Aug 14, 2014.

1. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know there are so many supportive people on here, and so many have sent messes, but I still feel like I'm alone. There are few out there who know what it's like to be transgender. But everyone who said they loved me tries to tell me I'm not, or that it's a sin. I want to be myself, but I'll lose my family if I do. I feel like I have nowhere too turn, and no matter what I do, it will be wrong. Whether I hurt others by going through with it, or hurt myself by not. I just... I don't know how to cope.

---------- Post added 14th Aug 2014 at 02:17 PM ----------

And more and more people are turning from me. I don't know if I can go on.

2. Ada M7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sometimes all you can do is fight. Even if that means fighting and losing the ones you love. I agree, having supportive people in a support group vs. having someone by your side are two different things. They might love you, but loving someone and loving someone for who they are are two different things. IE, a mother may always love her son, but not the fact her son is a serial killer... I have a feeling that's how many religious types feel about their own trans/gay kids.

Cope by fighting onward. Viva la resistance!

3. SeaSalt

I second everything the gent above me says. Also you need to carry on fighting for acceptance because WE need you to. We cant have strong people like you giving up! The one thing we will always have over our rivals is that we are fighting for the ability to love whereas they are fighting to stop that love! Keep on fighting for acceptance and the harder the fight is the sweeter it shall be when you are finally accepted.

Just. Don't. Give. UP!

Here have some hugs! (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

And a Banana (!)

4. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks yall, but I just don't know if I have any fight left. I've thought about going back in the closet and faking repentance. It just seems easier, and it will only hurt me instead of everyone else.

5. TabletopFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No, that's a terrible idea. You can never "unout" yourself... It might seem like a good idea, but it'll always be at the back of everyones' minds (including yours). You're not doing anyone any favours that way.

Just persevere. It takes a long time... and I mean a LONG time before people start accepting you for who you are. And this might sound cliched and presumptious, but it does get easier, trust me. As the previous posters have mentioned, you need to be brave and fight on.

6. SeaSalt

Carry on my wayward son
    There'll be peace when you are done
    Lay your weary head to rest
    Don't you cry no more

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
    Just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion
    I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high

Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
    Though my mind could think I still was a mad man
    I hear the voices when I'm dreaming,
    I can hear them say

Carry on my wayward son,
    Don't you cry no more

Masquerading as a man with a reason
    My charade is the event of the season
    And if I claim to be a wise man,
    Well, it surely means that I don't know

On a stormy sea of moving emotion
    Tossed about, I'm like a ship on the ocean
    I set a course for winds of fortune,
    But I hear the voices say

Carry on my wayward son
    Don't you cry no more no!

Carry on,
    You will always remember
    Carry on,
    Nothing equals the splendor
    Now your life's no longer empty
    Surely heaven waits for you

Carry on my wayward son
    Don't you cry,
    Don't you cry no more,

No more!

7. Hyaline

Given what I've read about your situation, and I know it is contrary to what others have said, but I think you know better than anyone else what you'd need to do to cope with the situation with your parents.

If keeping yourself safe in your environment for now requires you to play a part, then do so. But do so with the intention on leaving and give yourself a light at the end of a tunnel. You need to find a way to become self sufficient and if you parents lay off and let you do what you need to do to get yourself out of that environment for good.

But in your mind while playing the part remind yourself that you are doing this for your long term future. While it is easy to say you should stand up and tell them to "f off", it won't help you get to a better place. Be selfish, and this is one of those occasions where being dishonest it probably your best course of action... At least for the time being...

Be brave... At some point, you'll be able to look back and say it was worth it. But for now, the real work starts... So get to it.. <hugs>

8. Candace

Just remember that you can't please everyone. Please only those that make you happy and will champion for whomever you want to be in this world and have all of your interests at heart. I bet that there is a light at the end of this metaphorical tunnel for you. But don't give up just yet, okay? :slight_smile:

9. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love that song!

10. Freedomfighter9

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know exactly how you feel Artist92 :-( i am pretty-much surrounded by amazing friends ive met online over the last 18 months of my life, very supportive ones and very understanding ones, but in my actual life ive never felt so alone.....its a loneliness im not even sure would go if i did have more people in my actual life i could lean on.
    And yeah i know its not the same thing, but the amount of family and friends that told me i just havent found the right man yet (when i came out) nearly dove me mad:bang:
    its so patronising.........
    you end up thinking god ive not only got to find away of accepting myself but ive now got the guilt trip to deal with too.
    Sometimes i feel like if the world could open up and swallow me whole lol that may just be the answer to everything....
    but then theyve won, and youve given up on your life and the life you were destined to live-just to please ignorant people, and you just cant do that:eusa_naug