1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bullshit

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Polterpup, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Polterpup

Heh, I quit band. I quit the thing I was most passionate about. Not that I'm going to stop playing the flute and piccolo...it was just a fun break at school. But, ya know, I don't much care for bein bitched at about not bringing a hat to practice and not eating before practice...and when I do go an get food, I get bitched at for leaving campus. Then, after an exhausting day of my band director's bs, I open my wallet to see that someone has STOLEN ALL MY MONEY. So I fucking quit. I don't want be surrounded by assholes, directed by an asshole. Did I do the right thing?

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! When you think about having quit the band, what do you feel inside of you? If you feel good, and feel 'yep, it was time to leave,' then you'll know whether you have taken the right decision. Give it a couple of days, to let it all sink in, and then ask yourself: how do I feel about having quit the band? From the feeling you'll experience, you'll know.

From what you have described it sounds like that you will still continue to play the instruments that you love playing. If that fulfills your needs/desires, that's all that matters. :slight_smile:

3. Polterpup

My main issue is that I don't want my friends to feel as though I've abandoned them...the drill will have to be rewritten and everything.

4. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you talked with your friends, about why you have decided to quit the band?

5. Polterpup

No...well, I had been thinking about it for a while. I never really told anyone about it though...it actually just sorta happened. I was really pissed at the time. But...I'm actually not sure if I regret it.

6. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe try talking with your friends, and see what they say or how they react to it. It sounds like you have some good reasons for having left. If you don't feel regrets and are feeling good with your initial decision, you know you made the right decision for you. Talking with them, and additionally, might also give you a better sense of whether you did make the right decision.

If you feel you still would like to play with your friends from time to time, maybe ask them if they would mind joining you outside of band practice.

7. Polterpup

Eh, most of them don't really care for practicing all that much. I'm the one that practices 24/7 (well, my band teacher screwed up). But, ya know, I can still just hang out with them. I just hope they won't reject me for leaving...I have a lot of stress in my life right now and the last thing I need is to lose my best friends. The only I'm really worried about losing is the drum major; My ultra huge crush. Out of all my friends, she's the one that I just don't have a clue how she'll react. I worded that horribly.

8. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have a good way into the conversation then. You can say that you felt you needed to leave because you have other things you are trying to deal with at the moment. Usually, friends will understand.

Given what you have said, you probably won't lose your friends, or they shouldn't reject you, because you quit the band.

9. Polterpup

Hey, thanks a lot, broski. I'm feeling a little bit more confident about talking to them tomorrow.