1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel... empty.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by gaynerd64, Aug 14, 2014.

1. gaynerd64

I was feeling fine during the day, but I just can't seem to get any sleep right now. I don't know why, but for the past few nights I've been feeling sad and confused. I can't really explain why. I suppose it is because I am lonely and my parents don't understand me (THEY STILL THINK I AM STRAIGHT!!!). I also can not find a meaning to life or reality, which bothers me. I honesty don't know what to do...

2. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's understandable. I rarely could sleep for more than a few hours and it took hours and hours to fall asleep. I still only get around 4 to 5 hours most nights. Basic things to help that are more exercise, and possibly meditation or listening to calming sounds or music. Thinking about the right things (mental hygiene) can also help though it is subtle.

I hope you feel better. (*hug*)

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Sorry to hear that your parents seem to be having a hard time with understanding you, and accepting your sexual orientation. It might be worthwhile to give them time to come around to it. Time and patience are your allies.

If you can, try to shift your thoughts, and try to think about a place that allows you to feel relaxed. Close your eyes, and try to breath in deeply and slowly so that you can feel or inhalation and exhalation. You can use the rhythm of your breathing to start relaxing. Try to take in several deep breaths and let them out slowly. And while you do that, imagine yourself in a place that give you a sense of serenity. Do you have a favourite place?

Tomorrow morning when you get up, do something that you love doing. Something that has always give you a sense of 'this feels great.' Something that you love doing, and can immerse yourself in so to keep thinking about positives.

Then, I want you to set yourself a goal such as trying to make one new friend. If you would like you can set yourself a couple of goals, goals that you want to achieve. Achieving the goals will give you a sense of purpose and meaning. Do you have one or two things you would like to accomplish?

(*hug*)