1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everything around me makes me feel insecure

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Fallenlunatic, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Fallenlunatic

Japan (a foreigner unfortunately. A lot harder)
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So, I think I finally found what I really am. I'm bisexual. (At least that's what I think for now) but I had more crushes on girls rather than boys.

But what makes me feel insecure is that, I always get flashbacks from my past where people would call me tomboy or would ask me if I am a tomboy or not (in that time tomboy meant lesbian, not just boyish). At first I didn't really mind it but, as time goes by I feel like I'm afraid I might hear it again, and someone would call me tomboy again. Especially in a place full of sexist people :frowning2:

I don\t like wearing skirts and my persnality is not as sociable as other girls do. And hanging out with them makes me feel like a nuisance so I just try to avoid people. But deep inside it really feels lonely. And this is what's making me feel confused. Do I really hate being alone? or Do I not want people to feel like I'm annoying/boring or unsociable...
    I always have a secret battle going on inside my mind everyday. things like this makes me go insane and pressured. I can't stop thinking. Maybe it's because I feel lonely and I just need some company. But there's no one here that I really feel comfortable with :frowning2:

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Let me just say, people are going to hate; they will tear you down, grind you into the ground, and just be plain spiteful. It's how some people are, unfortunately. They seem to hate the most, when you are true to yourself, because it forces them to realize, maybe, just maybe, there is more to life than what they're told. A lot of people aren't too keen on their automated routines, more or less, being shattered. If people are giving you a hard time, for being you, try not to give it too much thought -- just know, you're doing something right. You're being bold and courageous, while they are being feeble and subjugated; you find strength in individuality, they find strength in numbers.

Loneliness can do terrible, terrible things to us. Our self-esteem, our thought process, even our emotional state. But it also provides us with a -- though not easy to do -- opportunity, to experience isolation, to get to know it, and to be humbled, so that, when we do find other kindred spirits, we will be less likely to take them for granted. At least, that is what I told myself, and have come to believe. It truly helped me out of one of the darker periods, of my life.

All of this is, of course, easier said than done. And, I know, you feel like you're all alone, where you are. No matter how much I blissfully wish to ease that pain, alas, I cannot (and even admitting something like that, requires a tremendous amount of strength, on my part; I always like to help, when and how I can). However, I can provide you with companionship, here, as can a multitude of others. I can send positive thoughts and loving vibes, your way, in the hopes they cross the oceans an--

Okay, now, I'm just getting poetically corny! LOL!

But seriously, in due time, you'll find that your situation, it can be a learning experience. To focus on yourself, who you are, what you seek, and how you will obtain the means to achieve these answers.

If nothing else, remember this. Even when we have nobody, we still have ourselves. Be kind to yourself, love yourself, and learn yourself. You never know, you might just find that you're a mighty explosion, instead of a meager spark.

3. Candace

I think that you really shouldn't care about what people think. Don't allow people to undermine what a great person you really are. If you really do have this feeling of loneliness, then I suggest that you figure out, why is that? They say that you yourself are the only person that can make yourself truly happy. I understand that you want to have companionship, friends and/or lovers that have all of your best interests at heart. As such, you can always contact me for such companionship, someone to talk to, as well as anyone else on this glorious site. That's truly what we're here for and would be willing to help you out :slight_smile:.

4. Fallenlunatic

Japan (a foreigner unfortunately. A lot harder)
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks guys. ^_^

It's just that, I'm kinda lost. Something like I don't really know who I am or what I am supposed to do anymore :/ all this time since I was a smaller kid I felt like I'm someone who always get deserted. I just wanted to be seen or known for something. But I don't know how.

And my summer assignments lol. not a single one has been done and next week is our second semester ._. I just don't really feel like it. Learning used to be so much fun, but now I;m in japan, it just feels so lonely.

You know? everything around you... is japanese. school, people, homework, test, shops, gadgets and even some hobby toys like yu gi oh cards lol (yeah I really love yu gi oh xD)

I must learn Japanese I know, but for now...Not really in a good situation :| I wish I had someone with me in school but no, I'm the only foreigner there lol

so what did I do during the summer vacation? stayed inside my room and faced the laptop while crying oftenly lol

But one thing I'll never forget during this summer vacation.

For the first time in my life, I saw a fireworks show. It was beautiful, I;ve never seen fireworks. It was my first time and even tho I am a silent type of person it made me go crazy and jumped while shouting non stop while the fireworks are doing their amazing show. That feeling. I wish to find that again.

#4 Fallenlunatic, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2014