1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I continue taking anti-depressants?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Fallenlunatic, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Fallenlunatic

Japan (a foreigner unfortunately. A lot harder)
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know I should take one (prescribed by my doctor) because well..I am depressed. lol

But sometimes I feel like, I lose control of my self. like I easily get pissed of or mad at something even with the smallest things.

I don't know, it makes me feel like I'm not me...Not sure if it's helping me or just making things worst..:eusa_doh:

2. I take them. I've taken Wellbutrin for a few months. I also take Zoloft. I took Lexapro for 3 weeks and it made me insane. I think that it depends on the person how they will work. If you decide to take them, monitor yourself carefully. I know it's a difficult thing to go through. I told myself that they were a little bit of hope. Sometimes that's what you need.

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you don't think your current prescription is working talk to your Doctor about it, but don't stop taking the anti-depressants. It can be very dangerous to abruptly discontinue anti-depressant treatment. Even if your Doctor agrees to withdraw anti-depressant treatment he/she will do so gradually.

If you have only been taking anti-depressants for a short time it's important to give them chance to start working. Often it takes several weeks.

4. HTBO

this is exactly what i was going to say.