1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much more can I take?!and for how long?!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by EveryYear, Aug 16, 2014.

1. EveryYear

So I'm having family issues I didn't ever think it would turn out like this.My mum and dad are always arguing and my dad thinks it's alright to throw punches,break my mums phone,break a glass,break a plate,break a table,break a spoon and throw a chair at my mum he thinks all of that is alright?
    And the thing is when my dad throws chairs none of my brothers are man enough to step in and stop him.There was one time but my mum still got hurt and so did my bro Y_Y
    I'm not saying its just my dad that's the problem it's also my mum.Earlier I actually found out the my mum has Narcissistic Personality Disorder(NPD)well what more could I fucking want?!

Oh and trust me their is more she is also bipolar.[]________[] like wtf is my mum?!
    My older and only sister often has arguments with my mum but it's never gotten this bad.It's been a week my mum hasn't made food for her.She's basically disowned her.The only food she eats are the snacks that I smuggle for her.My sis is also a bit bipolar and because her and my mum argue they always take their anger out on me and I can't take it anymore they stress me out so much and they don't even know it.
    All I need is for someone to listen to me and maybe cheer me up.My sis tells me I need to let out my feelings more.(I don't cry when I'm sad,I don't show when I'm happy and don't let out anger.)This is probably the first time I'm letting out anger? I guess.
    Thing is I would love to tell someone all this so they can help me through this.I'm peoples friends but they're not my friends so I basically have no friends.
    btw just so you know my family has never heard of a "councillor"so don't bother bringing up councillors. I can't handle anymore of this I need help. :help:

2. black-cat

I have just tried to write on your wall, but I am not sure if it worked! Sorry!

3. Dakeli27

I really don't know what to suggest. I think family counseling might actually be a good idea, explain to your parents that it's a way to get everyone to understand one another more. I don't know how old you are, but if you're old enough to move out, that might be the way to go. Probably though neither of these are valid for one reason or another. It sounds like your parents are nigh-impossible to approach, so I think that finding a way to cope until you move out would be the most helpful. You could start a blog here on EC and vent your day-to-day problems, and get support and advice. From what you said about why you made this post, that sounds like the best thing to do for now.

#3 Dakeli27, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  4. Dakeli27

Had to meet my school counselor today and remembered this. If it's hopeless to get your family to family counseling (and it sounds like it is) but you want something more personal than venting on a blog, you could talk to a counselor. Obviously, a school counselor would be easiest, as it wouldn't take time away from your day and wouldn't require the help or even the knowledge of your parents. This really hinges on who you have as a counselor; two years ago I had a very nice woman who was genuinely interested in me, last year I had a man who made sure to talk CLEARLY AND SLOWLY and in a very condescending manner, just because I have borderline asperger's. if you have the luck of getting assigned one of the nicer ones. You could talk to them, and arrange a regular meeting, perhaps a few times a week during lunch. They could suggest various ways to cope with the stress of your family life and simply offer personal support.