1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad Timing. PLEASE HELP ME!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Polterpup, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Polterpup

What. The. Juice. I could not be MORE unlucky, you guys. I'm gonna have to skip school...no, moves school. Not good enough, moves states. Actually, I think I need to change countries. Screw it, TAKE ME TO THE MOON! Ugh. I am so deleting Facebook. On, like, the third day of using it I already screw up. So, I'm messaging my crush and she's being really slow on replying (and I'm really bored; watching reruns of cartoons) so I'm just like "You can run, [insert her name here], but you can't hide!" And then after getting back a "Well, that's terrifying." I just kinda smirk and giggle to myself and reply with "Yes...and I know where you live." Because, ya know, references and me being me. Well, then I get a message from her mom telling me that she's not interested in me and that I need to quit stalking her daughter and that she will call the police. Oh my gawd! Don't know what in the hell happened there! So I tried to tell her that I wasn't stalking her daughter and that she's made it clear that we're only friends an that I don't want to ruin our friendship (as if it wasn't already slaughtered by now). Then she goes on to say "What you said was really creepy, and friends don't say those kind of things to each other." No, obviously ADULT friends don't say that to each other. But teenagers do. Seriously, all my friends say that kind of stuff. And I told her that too. And then I didn't get a reply. Really, I just...I just want to go hide in a corner and never come out. I don't know why she thinks I'm stalking her daughter. I mean, like I really don't have better things to do. Maybe she saw her phone that had a month's worth of text on it from me because she lost her phone for almost an entire month and I didn't know it. Geez...another reason to just slit my wrist and get the inevitable over with. I need serious help with this, guys. Maybe even an EC Admin or something...I'm actually really scared of getting in some deep shit for something I didn't even do. I'm not sure if this girl is even aware her mom is on her Facebook...or if she told her mom to get on there because she really thought I was stalking her. But I thought she'd know me better. I even told her that when she turned her phone on that she'd have a bunch of texts from me. Not a lot of short texts, but long texts that my phone broke up into seven different texts...I just don't know what to do...I have never felt so alone. If she, my best friend, really wants to stay away from me because she thinks I'm creepy...then I don't know what to do. She even said that she was there for me for emotional support because she knows about the horrible state of mind I'm in...I just don't know...please, please, I could use as much help as possible from as many people as possible.

2. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry that happened. It's just a misunderstanding and nothing should come of it. I hope you feel better. (*hug*)

3. Polterpup

She just seems so set on thinking that I'm some creep stalking her daughter...but I'm only so close to her because she's one of the few people that I can talk to, and she is the best for comfort. I just can't get enough of that.

4. Dakeli27

Make it painfully clear to her that you were joking, and that you thought she would see that. Both she and her mother extremely overreacted. Explain to her mother that it was a harmless, perfectly normal joke, and that you didn't think it would make her uncomfortable.

5. HTBO

I've had 2 teenage daughters and one thing I've discovered is that some parents will become overly involved in disputes (which I know you didn't have, but just to show as an example). If there would be a fight or incident that was actually harmless, the other child's parent would say that they couldn't be friends anymore and to stay away etc. Usually after a couple of weeks it would blow over and they'd be back to being friends. I always try to let them work out their own issues and would only become involved if it actually was a safety issue. But for something like what happened to you, I would require more info before jumping to conclusions, because yes, kids say things that adults don't, and most of the time they are not serious. Give it a little time, and don't push too hard because that will probably make it worse for you

6. Her mom overreacted. You can tell her that it was a joke, hopefully that will do some good. If she does choose to get the police involved, the get your parents involved.

7. Ada M7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Relax you did nothing wrong. You're friends mother is just a bigot and maybe your friend is a bigot too. Understand that she might no longer be your friend as her mother will probably be all over her to stay away from you out of fear of "making her daughter homosexual." Or if she doesn't know that, she is just a freak and you should stay away from her. She's the kind of parent that ends up on CNN with a burning torch and pitchfork.

Don't contact her anymore, don't talk to her anymore, unfriend her from your FB. If your friend asks why, just tell her that her mom threatened you on Facebook and you don't do crazy. Then leave it at that. When you get home, tell your mom what happened so you have an adult on your side that knows. You can leave out your sexuality and just leave it at being friends.

Personally, if you were my daughter, I'd file a civil harassment suit against your friends mother and take her to court for not contacting me and instead threatening you. That's just me though.

#7 Ada M7, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  8. Candace

I'm sorry that that happened to you. If she wants to think that and wrongly assume that you are indeed stalking her, then that's her fault, not yours. Don't worry about it and think that you did something wrong. You really didn't (*hug*).

9. Emmanuella

Just try as best you can to explain that it was a joke/a misunderstanding... she has NO basis to call the cops, don't worry. And you have no reason to be embarassed. You were joking around with a friend, that's all. I'm sure the MOM is the one who probably feels silly now, for over reacting.