1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Community service today...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by gaynerd64, Aug 18, 2014.

1. gaynerd64

My school requires 10 hours of community service each year (God knows why...) and of course my grandmother signed me up to help a local charity that works with every church in the town. That means I'll most likely be seeing all of the people I previously knew and they'll most likely condemn me for leaving. But I need to get community service hours. Thoughts?

2. Dakeli27

Work through the 10 hours, and try to ignore anyone talking about your sexuality or religion.

3. DanielSmith

I know the feeling of having to be nice to people you dont like
    But its only 10 hours and it will be over before you know it

I have to do 30 hours:/ so just push through and good luck

4. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you want to arrange the community service yourself, look around. There's many options. Look at nearby volunteer fire departments. They always are having fundraisers that they could use some help with. Or find your local running club. They could probably use some help with water stops for their events...

5. Water lover

Water lover Guest

Ten hours of community can't be that bad. If you don't want to do that with the local church's there are many other things you can do. Try getting hours at sports games(snackbar). School play like anything it's really not that bad I have over 400+ hours and I am a freshman it looks nice on college app and guessing by the fact you lgbtq you want to go to college to get away.