1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does it Get better?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Notsoshure, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Notsoshure

First day of 11th grade today, New School, i know noone..,
    I'm scared, i am actually not looking forward to tomorrow at all.
    I'm nervous and scared, My stomach starts twisting when i think about it.
    I've Been happy all summer, but i really feel The depression coming again.
    And My social phobia attacks me as well. I was so nervous today i felt sick.
    I made a fool of myself when My name was called out, i stumbled over three chairs and made a lot of noise... I also sat all by myself in The back of The classroom.

Does it Get better? I feel hopless. It's so many people and it's all so New to me, our teacher didnt explain much to us at all and i'm too scared to Ask questions. Everyone seems to know someone else, but not me.

I'm just laying in My bed listening to loud music and feeling sorry for myself ...

#1 Notsoshure, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  2. Dakeli27

With luck, yes. The first days of school are usually awkward, but chances are you'll eventually settle into routine. School is especially awkward for me, as I skipped a grade, so I'm always the youngest in my class, but after a few weeks, school feels more normal.

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. Believe me, it gets SO much better! (*hug*)

4. Robins Jacket

If it helps, I'm on the same boat as you darling. I'm starting a new school soon and I'm absolutely terrified as I have anxiety issues. I think your best option is the "fake it till you make it" by just acting confident. You don't have to know anything, but just be confident in who you are. That helps attract people because they know you're something special and, even though it's hard at first, improves your own self confidence for real. I wish we were going to the same school dear, I'd gladly be your friend.
    I send love and hugs <3 xoxo Good luck darling!

5. Notsoshure

Aw thank you, that makes me feel so much better <3
    Yeah, i guess i'll just have to talk to people and try My best. I'll probably end up just being one of The guys, but i wouldn't mind that at alll really. I giess if you see me without knowing me, i look like i'm confident. Short hair, tomboy, not mainstream or really dressing in The lavest fashions ect. Like most girls My age. I really hope it gets better, since i feel like crap right now.

---------- Post added 18th Aug 2014 at 06:01 PM ----------

Thanks for advice guys, i'm really scared. I hate having all these problems, i wish i could just start a conversation with people, but i'm so shy and nervous. :/

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's tempting to look at yourself as the one outsider in a school full of the "in crowd", but actually that's not the case. Even the closest friends were strangers at one point. So they were quite possibly in the same position you are at some point in the past. How'd they go from no-friends to friends? Slowly. Simply. They perhaps started a conversation or two. They said "hi". They loaned somebody a pen, or helped them out with a problem in class. Over thirty years ago, a random student told me my shoes were untied while walking to class. I'm still good friends with that "random student" today. :slight_smile:

Lex

7. Robins Jacket

8. CongoColorado

The first days of school are usually awkward, so yes, it might get better.

9. black-cat

I am living proof that it DOES get better. Feel free to message me if you need a friend or just want to rant. **hugs**

10. Notsoshure

Thanks for all The support and advice guys, it helps :slight_smile:
    I have this small 'gang' of people that i hang with, but most of them know eachother from before, and i'm just not confident enough to talk much to all of them... I feel like an outsider, i'm also terrified of them or someone guessing i'm gay. I'm so scared of P.E class, not only because i suck at it, but also because showering and changing in The wardrobe... I'm scared they will feel disgusted by me, and right now i think i'm really vunerable to anyone wanting to bully me. I'm so insecure it's horrible. One of The girls commented that i didnt wear makeup and i almost panicked, i was so scared they would think i'm weird because i dont, and that is stupid. If i dont want to wear makeup i wont, i dont need it anyways, it just takes too much time in The morning, i look ok without it.
    I even SKIPPED two days of School this week because i was scared! I got a panic attack on The morning before i was going to school, because i was scared of going to School but also scared of not going. So i managed to Get My parents to let me stay home two days. I would honestly skip School more often if i could...
    Tiny small rant here. I do hope ot gets better, and that i manage to stop being such a coward