1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too scared to shower at school

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by RedFireFly, Aug 18, 2014.

1. RedFireFly

As the title says, I'm too scared to shower after p.e class.
    I just started 8th grade today, and I've NEVER showered with the others at school. I just don't like the thought of people seeing me naked. And since I get a boner by just being there in the first place, that would be REALLY awkward.

Please, we have p.e class TOMORROW! I need all help I can get ASAP

Thank you :slight_smile:

2. Dakeli27

Well, that's awkward. Talk to your P.E. teacher, and tell him you're not comfortable being seen naked. If he refuses, I guess you could just not shower, maybe taking in wet wipes and wiping sweaty areas in a bathroom stall.

3. RedFireFly

I'll try, thanks so much Dakeli :slight_smile: I've been nervous for hours now, and you just made me feel better :grin:

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Two things.

First off, everybody - and I mean EVERYBODY - is thinking the same thing. "Oh my God, everybody is looking at me, they all think I'm too hairy/not hairy enough/too big/not big enough/turned on". EVERYBODY is thinking this. They're as paranoid of you looking and judging them as they are of you. So just focus on showering and leaving.

Secondly, if you pop wood, you pop wood. They've got the same bodies that are roughly at the same stage of development, and they know their dicks jump up and down at the slightest provocation (or no provocation at all). Nobody's going to point it out if you do. And under the unbelievably unlikely chance that somebody DOES say something, just shrug and say "Yeah, it's a born performer. It jumps up every time somebody's watching."

Lex

5. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thinking back to my school days, we had ten minutes at the end of P.E. to get undressed, get showered, dried and changed. There was no time to think about other people seeing me naked or me seeing them naked - the P.E. teacher didn't give us time to think. It was a case of hurry up and get to your next class, or face the consequences.

I can honestly say I found nothing exciting about getting showered at school. Everyone was filthy and rushing around in a foul smelling changing room. Personally I just wanted to get clean and get out of there quick. Even if you caught a glimpse of some hot guy naked you didn't have time to pay attention or get carried away with your thoughts.

Everyone will have the same anxieties as you, but you'll have so little time to pay attention to them at the end of your P.E. lesson.

6. Do you have to take a shower? I know it sounds gross, but when I was in middle school, we weren't allowed to use the showers (no idea why). I don't even think we were allowed to use the showers when I took my mandatory two years of gym in high school.

7. Yosia

Im guessing it is mandatory for you to shower? Just try to do it as fast as you can and dont make eye contact, and if something does happen down below just think of something witty to say, i really like what Lexington said. XD

We werent obliged to shower after PE so i never did, except swimming and due to my self confidence and related things i ended up skipping like 90% of the sessions, and when i did take part i requested permission to wear a top in the pool.

Just try to keep a clear head and dont think anything inappropriate. :3

8. CongoColorado

Oh God, same thing for me. Thank goodness my P.E. teacher is a kind man, he'd probably understand why I feel uncomfortable. Just tell your P.E. teacher that you're shy/scared/uncomfortable and see what happens.

9. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hated showers at school

In changing rooms, I think there is so much worry that getting a boner is the last thing thats actually going to happen !

Good luck !!

10. RedFireFly

How did you manage?
    Thank you btw:icon_bigg

11. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Well, a lot of towel wrapping went on so nobody could see much.. !!
    And sometimes I just would not do it - nobody really noticed.

They should really provide more privacy for people who want it. So it sucks but I hope it goes better for you tomorrow!!
    (*hug*)

ps: Oh yeah - just think about JUDGE JUDY - it works every timeā€¦!

12. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My go-to boner killer: (apologies to Helen Thomas, who was a lovely person and an amazing White House reporter)

[​IMG]

13. Formality

I used to have a huge problem with showering after p.e. Once I was really out to myself and got better at loving myself it stopped being a problem. I had a lot of hate and resentment towards myself and my body which only gave me worse confidence.

I know it's hard but you will get through it. If you really worry maybe you should talk to your P.E. teacher. Otherwise, I mean they can't force you to shower or fail you for it when there are legitimate reasons.

14. Ada M7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I never showered at school. It was optional. Just say no and don't do it. They can't force you to shower. That would be illegal and you can involve the police.

15. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

ahhhhhhhh this was a nightmare for me because i got teased a lot during showers and thats.... probably why i am so insecure about nudity :<

if it seems go go well then awesome!!! i do think it will go well if there is a time crunch. if it doesnt that first day, then maybe talk to your coach yeah

16. Robins Jacket

If you won't be allowed to skip or you think it's just too disgusting, try having a friend hold up a towel to cover you when you're showering for privacy. Good lucky sweetie! <3 xoxo

17. Torias

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    We never had to shower at the end of P.E at my school. If you sweat a lot afterwards, just towel off the sweat and apply deodorant. Not sure about where you live but i can't imagine that they can force you to strip off and shower and i'd be asking questions about any teacher that tried.

As for getting an erection, as Lexington pointed out it's perfectly natural at your age. The other boys will also be having the same problems, even the straight ones. One way i used to deal with getting changed in front of them was to do it in a toilet cubicle. that way i had my privacy and wasn't tempted to look at the other boys and possibly get caught. I don't know if that's an option at your school.

18. Meadowlark17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It should be optional but if not wet your hair and say you did

19. RedFireFly

Thank you so much for your help and replies! :grin:

I got help from my friend today, and the teachers showed me a room with only one shower, and I'm allowed to shower there :grin:

20. Trentacles

Honestly I would just go conquer your fear and shower with everyone else. After you do it a few times it will become normal and you won't think anything of it. IMHO, if you constantly disappear to go shower alone everyone will wonder wtf is going on there.