1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

assault charge

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Sam2, Aug 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    So I am dating (sort of haha its off again on again) a transsexual. is that the word? she has taken hormones and had facial reconstruction surgery along with breast implants. she has a penis (the big reason i am SEXUALLY attracted to her) but she prefers to be known as a woman, which is fine with me, in my eyes she is a woman, just, a woman who can please me sexually. But we went to a party, someone kept fuckin with her, calling her a freak, making her feel like she didn't belong. It got to the point where she was sobbing in the bathroom, I felt horrible. as open as I am, I just don't know what troubles a transsexual, because I am not a transsexual; so I had no idea how to properly comfort her. As the booze flowed, I ended up confronting the guy who kept hurting her feelings. He started making fun of me for dating a "Tranny" his words not mine (I'd just like to ad in, thank you to everyone who answered my question about what is and isn't offensive to call a transsexual.) but he kept yelling "Tranny and HeShe and Freak of nature" till the familiar redness took over. and I told him to shut his mouth long enough to let me get her out of there (Not for those assholes, for her. she was so upset I culdn't take hearing her cry like that.) he agreed and when I finally convinced her we shuld leave, he starts rambling on again about all the hateful things he loves to ramble about. in a fit of rage, I smashed a 40oz over his head and gave him a concussion. I brought him to the ER that night, and turned myself in that night. The police decided to let me go till my trial I guess not many people turn themselves in anymore.

Regarless, she dumped me over it. I want to explain that I did it for her, my biggest fear is that she thinks I would hit her (Which I would NEVER do). should I even try to explain that the reason I flipped out was because I culdn't stand to see her so upset? or shuld I just count my losses, and not do it again? I realize violence isn't the answer but I'm not gonna stand by and watch a bunch of dicks torment the girl I care for. I don't care if she wasn't born a girl, she is a girl. and deserves the same respect. And I'll beat the piss out of anyone who says otherwise, but me doing that made her scared of me. I'm so lost. any help at all would be very much appreciated

2. Vampire

My personal opinion is that, even though your reaction was rather violent, it wasn't that bad of a reaction. I've heard much worse for smaller argues than this one.

Anyway, the reason why she broke up with you, you said it yourself: She doesn't like violence and seeing you smack that guy in the head made her feel insecure, like you could hit her.

Your best bet is to try and explain to her why you did what you did and that you would never hit her. Also, don't push it. If you reach in to hug her or something similar and she pulls away, give her the space and just talk.

I hope this helps.

Lots of love,
    Andy

3. Edra

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    a tuff situation to be in. First its good that you stood up for her, but on the other hand not the best way to do it. But I feel that part of the lesson has been learned. That and alcohol mixed in makes it even worse. I am not suggesting that you stop drinking but to pick your party's better. Say a small gathering with friends. Now as for her I would at least let a little time pass by. Give her and your self some time to think. Just simply find a way to tell her that when she is rdy to talk you will be waiting. That will give some of that needed space that she will need.

That is what I suggest at least. I do wish you luck with your situation.

4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know transgenders who have also been involved in assaults, and when you consider all they have to deal with (the name calling, the violence, the sexual harassment), it's no surprise that there would be a tipping point and that they'd lash out. The media paints them as these unstable, predatory freaks, when really, anyone would do the same under the right circumstances.

That said, I think some might also have a heightened sensitivity to violence, considering the constant danger of it being just around the corner. She sounds like a person who knows what she wants, and isn't afraid to voice it. But yeah, she could fear being a victim while you're intoxicated, or just not want to be involved in those sort of situations, because honestly, they do complicate matters more.

The only way I'd see her seriously giving you another chance is if you not only pledged to change your ways, but also demonstrated that you wouldn't let something like that ever happen again. Otherwise, you just have to accept that some people have their deal breakers, and if both sides aren't willing to compromise, there won't be a relationship.

5. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you could have handled the situation much better, I proabably would have done the same thing but, where is this violence coming from bro? Is from your younger years? or what? I flip ouit easy after a few cans.

Anyways about the girl, give her time, explain to her why you did what you did, you probably have already if she fails to see that, like I said give her time. I can't really relate to this as I havent been with a transgender before but all the best!

sorry if my advice isnt the best man, lol

#5 Sepina, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  6. Ada M7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Um, delete this and hire an attorney. I really hope you didn't give a confession to the police too???????????????????????????????????

It sounds like you just plead guilty and confessed to felony assault. Plus a slew of other possible charges.... Do you know what they are charging you with at trial? Is it felony or misdemeanor. Depending on the extent of his injuries you could be facing jail time.

Who really wants to be with someone who is a felon? Felon's lose a lot of rights and are generally bad news.

The fact that this post is more about the girl and less about your pending legal troubles is greatly concerning to me personally. Maybe I just know a bit more due to working in a law firm but... Seriously. This needs to be removed as your internet records can be subpoenaed and these posts linked to you.

Also, you didn't do it for her. You did it for yourself. You did it because you couldn't handle his insults and her tears. She never asked you to break that fool. Women (regardless of birth gender) are not objects to be put upon a silver platter and respected more or less than any other human being. Personally, I'd be wary of anyone who is willing to, "beat the piss out of anyone," because of being offended. My friend or not, you can't trust loose cannons like that.

You smashed a 40oz bottle over someone's head and sent them to the hospital. That's a whole different ball game from defending someone's honor with some fisticuffs.

I'm sorry if this sounds like I am on your case, because I kind of am. I don't feel the least bit sorry for the guy who went to the hospital, but I am greatly concerned about your situation now.

#6 Ada M7, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  7. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You were provoked. That should count - in part - in your favour … but do get some legal advice.

8. Candace

Get some legal advice. It's not like you're a bad person and would hurt anyone for no good reason.

9. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think all a lawyer could do here is work out a plea bargain. But given the circumstances, I don't think the state should file on this one, because it was relentless provocation and an isolated incident with no history of violence. Doesn't mean the guy can't sue in civil court though. :/

But outside of the legal issues, communication with your gf is key. Her fear of further violence from you is a fairly outlandish leap and given her state, I bet she didn't know all of what went on. Let her know it was in her defense and she should be okay.

10. Sam2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    my charges were lowered to misdemeanor

---------- Post added 20th Aug 2014 at 04:35 PM ----------

The cops seemed surprised I didn't run. So i was given a ticket with a court date on it, so it isn't a felony, but would have been if he was more seriously injured. I already confessed to the cops, so yea it doesn't matter what I post here. they have the full story. It would have been much worse if they had to come and get me though. I realize I culd be facing jail time, but I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna get jail time, just a fine(Fines still suck)

11. Ada M7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Oh thank goodness. I had a tiny heart attack and was in shock when I read that lol. Well, some fines are worth paying.

As to her, give her time. Any explanations should be you apologizing without justifying anything. Leave out the part about doing it for her. If she wanted a fight, she would have had one. Trust me when I say, when/if you speak to her again, it should be a heart felt apology for doing what you did and how it was wrong to resort to violence and put her in the position you did and a promise not to do it again. The explanation can come later.

The position I referred to is the possible internalized belief that someone went to the hospital because of her being there.

You dig? If there is one thing I am good at, it's apologizing for going to far.

12. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh and another thing: if it proves to be the only bad mark on your record, you can eventually get it expunged. It's a fee to do that too, but they basically clean up your criminal history so it's no longer available. Might be worth checking into after some time has passed.

13. Blossom85

I can't speak about the legal situation, but as for your gf leaving you, I can maybe offer an new perspective..

I have a physical disability, I have no issues mentally, only physically and I can only speak for myself, but I honestly get so mortified if a male relative.. My dad, an uncle, a male cousin or even my brother in law has a go at someone for saying something about me or making fun of me in public.. Even my best friends dad had a go at someone when I was younger when I was out with my best friend and him in public.. It is honestly the worst feeling in the world to know your family member, friend or partner etc will get hurt or in trouble over something they have done in order to 'Protect you' or 'Protecting your honor'. So I know how your girl feels there and I am sorry she left you because of that, but it could be that she is either afraid of what you can do with pent up anger or that she is afraid that you will end up in jail or hurt because of you doing something in 'her honor'. I am guessing she doesn't want any trouble and her way of dealing with those people is just to ignore them and not bite back, but to then do what most women do and get emotional about it.. There are other ways you can be there for a woman other then beating up everyone who hurts her feelings and I'm sorry but the way you did it was the wrong way.

14. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am very sorry that happened. :frowning2: If I were your girlfriend, I wouldn't have left you. Your reaction was correct and humanistic. (*hug*)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.