1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to start...?!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Seagypsy, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Seagypsy

So the girl I've adored all year has finally finished having a fling with a younger girl and finally seems ready for something to happen with me..... she adores me too but we have been running from this all year!!! So where do I start???

I have no idea what to say or where to begin...... :eusa_doh:

I knew all along that we would get there, that the other girl wasn't right for her, but its taken this long for things to get to this stage - now what do I do?!?!?! :icon_redf

2. NatWheeled

Well...that sort of depends on the girl you adore. Is she saddened that her relationship with the younger woman didn't work out? She may need time to heal from that. If she's as glad its over as you are than I guess you start by asking her out on a date, dinner n a movie, or whatever. Where it goes after that is up to the both of you.

3. Seagypsy

Hi, thanks for replying, I don't think she is that upset about the breakup because she has been trying to end it for ages, but the other girl kept pestering her to get back together... I'm not saying she didn't like her because clearly she did, the younger girl was very sweet and cute and a lovely person but just not really right for her, their personalities didn't connect like ours do... when me and her first met, it was like sparks and fireworks and every cliche you can imagine :icon_bigg

She's not really the type for movies or anything like that, I work with her and I just wanna be able to talk to her more in the office, but I just don't know what to say..... need her to know that I'm really interested and don't wanna lose her, I want us to give it a go.... :slight_smile:

4. HTBO

Ask her to do something after work, even if it's just going for coffee. It would be good to interact with her outside of the work setting, but keep it casual initially, and see what happens

5. Blossom85

I agree with the above poster, just keep it causal for now and see where it leads.. You might have those connection and then realize later on that connection might be better suited towards just a friendship or it could mean you both want something more.. You have waited this long, so I think there is no rush taking your time to get to know each other better, ask her out for coffee or even dinner or lunch perhaps.. Sometimes lunch might seem less intimidating as well.