1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When does the obsessing stop?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Really, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Really

I'm lucky I work for myself because if I didn't, I would have been fired by now for all the time I spend on here. Seriously, does the constant need for more information diminish once you start coming out, meeting people, dating? I'm actually surprised that so many out and "fully-functioning" LGBTQ people continue to post here. Don't get me wrong - it's great! Some of you are very wise, inciteful and helpful. But really, I need to get a bit more work done.
    Strangely, while not on the Internet, I don't have a problem just going about my life. It's just if I find myself not busy, I need to check in.
    I have actually learned a lot. Maybe more than my sheltered little brain can handle at times but it's all good, right?
    So anyway, it subsides, right?...

2. HTBO

I completely understand what you are saying! I've been thinking school will be beginning soon, and I can't spend so much time on here. I spent all of last year realizing I was gay, accepting it, coming out, and dealing with my crush. I was very distracted, and need to focus more this coming year!! Sometimes I tell myself I'm just going to read a few threads, but then I have something to say, and next thing I know, I've replied to multiple threads. Maybe try allowing yourself a set amount of time at a certain time everyday? That's what I'm going to try and hopefully it will be enough. I'm sure it does subside eventually, we can't be this obsessed forever, right?

3. Really

And ... I'm back. Haha! Yes. A certain amount of time. Like a diet of sorts. Ok. Off to do some actual work.

4. TheStormInside

I have the same problem, Really! I like HTBO's suggestion of a set amount of time each day, I may have to apply to myself, as well.